Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Indoor Tri Series filling fast
Quote | Reply
The JackRabbit Indoor Tri series in New York City is filling fast! Experienced triathletes and total novices are enthusiastic about the format, and are excited to be able to race in the dead of winter.

The races are:
Jan 30th: Prospect Park YMCA (Park Slope, Brooklyn)
Feb 27th: Asphalt Green (Upper East Side)
March 13th: McBurney YMCA (14th St between 6th & 7th)

All three races are fundraisers for the different facilities, to support their youth and adult athletic programs.

The race format is simple: 10 minutes in the pool, 30 minutes on a spin bike, 20 minutes on a treadmill. The longest distance in each event gets the highest score, and the highest combined score is the winner. We have prizes for overall winners as well as age group winners.

For more information and registration:
www.jackrbt.com/indoortri

Lee Silverman
JackRabbit Sports
Park Slope, Brooklyn
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor Tri Series filling fast [lsilverman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not fair to the faster runners!!!!

Most gym treadmills max out at 10 or 12mph.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor Tri Series filling fast [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You runners should be fine. If you look at the rules, they're letting you add elevation and giving you credit for it, so the fastest runners will be taken care of. Now I just have to convince them to put some resistance on those damn spinning bikes so that us cyclists have a shot ;-)

-------------------------
Jonathan Cane
City Coach Multisport
http://www.citycoach.org
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor Tri Series filling fast [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Not fair to the faster runners!!!!

Most gym treadmills max out at 10 or 12mph.

As Jon pointed out, we're taking that into account. Most of our facilities have treadmills that go to 12 mph, which is a 5:00 mile. That'll be fast enough for just about everyone. However, if you're a particularly strong runner, you can get extra credit for running with an incline. For every 1% incline on the treadmill you get a 3% distance bonus, which means if you can run 12 mph at a 5% incline you get credit for 1.15 miles, or 4:21 pace (over 20 minutes you'd get credit for 4.6 miles).

If you can do that after 30 minutes on a spin bike, you deserve to win the race -- or you should have spun harder!

Lee Silverman
JackRabbit Sports
Park Slope, Brooklyn
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor Tri Series filling fast [lsilverman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...if you can run 12 mph at a 5% incline you get credit for 1.15 miles, or 4:21 pace (over 20 minutes you'd get credit for 4.6 miles). "

Yup. That would be me alright.

Excuse me if I have someplace in my mind....

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply