Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pearl Izumi cycling shoe sizing?
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have any experience on the fitting of PI cycling shoes (run big or small)? According to their sizing chart, they do not have a "perfect" size for an US 10.5. I either go down to a 43 or up to a 44. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi cycling shoe sizing? [trimichael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know if this will help. I have PI, Carnacs, Sidis, Nike (8 pairs total?). PIs are my favorite. I have had ZERO problems with fit only with getting dirt trapped underneath (total speedplay/mix with dirt thing). Never get numb burning feet anymore (ok, toes that go numb but that happens). They run wider in the toe box but they are dead on size wise. Since you are between sizes if you need a bigger toe box go up, if you need a narrower one I would go down.

LOVE my PIs. Bummed my LBS no longer carries them. NO clue what they are called but they are blue and my friends from Europe go gaga over them bc they want them and can't get their hands on them. Mine all mine :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i only wear pearl shoes and i use the 43 as i am a 10.0 for runing and cycling shoes. we're in the same boat and go for the 43. the new tri shoe is really sweet.

Lee Zohlman, Lead Coach/President
BodyZen Multi Sport Coaching
http://www.bodyzen.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i had to go up a size, with both pair i bought and a third i bought for my brother.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi cycling shoe sizing? [leezee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Lee, just curious about the new tri shoe. Did they fix the strap issues they had with the old shoe and that weird double to single strap thing they had going on? Thinking of ordering a pair to try out. Aloha, Tai
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi cycling shoe sizing? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah i might be on the smallish 10.4 but the 43 works great for m. STRAP ISSUE: yes 05 models are 1 strap and they have a light carbon model as well. very breathable and good for tri's!

Lee Zohlman, Lead Coach/President
BodyZen Multi Sport Coaching
http://www.bodyzen.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I measure just over a 10 on a Brannock device (the shoe sizer), wear a 10 dress shoe, 12 running shoe which gives me 1/2" in front of my toe, 45 nike cycling shoes, and 45 Pearl Izumi mtn bike shoes which fit just right with thin socks on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a 9.5 Saucony running shoe and use 43cm PI road and mt. bike shoes.
Quote Reply