Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Myoplex
Quote | Reply
Anyone use this stuff? My girlfriend and I split a pouch in the morning for breakfast after workout#1 and another after our afternoon/evening workouts.

As it is base time, I've been lifting 3x/week as well as an average of 2 hours of cardio/day (some more. some days less) but have gained 10lbs of weight since mid December. Mind you, no inches as I still fit in my clothes.

I heard this stuff casues you to retain water. I like it A LOT but I feel all puffy and look all swol. A lot of my sources say it's used for weight lifting and that I am holding water weight. Can someone please confirm this. IS anyone else using this stuff?
Quote Reply
Re: Myoplex [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the ingredients. Nothing magical in there. Pretty much the same thing as Met-RX and all the others.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many protein grams are you consuming per day w/ that?
Quote Reply
Re: Myoplex [douglashilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not measure precisely, but can say with confidence that I am at about, 75-80 g/day maybe 100g on a REALLY heavy protein day.

Basically, we share two shakes/day. That puts me at about 23 grams of protein/shake. Then I'll probably consume about 25-30 more grams throughout the day from other sources such as peanuts, meat, fish,soy,chicken and cheese.

I spent a ton of money on this stuff and like the taste of it. I also feel great during the day as it provides excellent nutrition. I just feel like it bloats me up. Not sure it it is bulkly muscle or water retention.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the recommended amount for athletes? I always thought it was 1g of PRO per kg of lean body weight.

More than that and it just goes back into the toilet maybe? Plus it does take water to transport all that PRO, and work by the kidneys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
please see PM to you from me...

kittycat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not water weight. 10 lbs of water is a lot of water volume wise. That is muscle from the protien, son. You should look all swol (the proper term would be swol-up). I use Myoplex when I can't get MetRx. I use 2 packets per day.

--------------------------------------------------------
Rebuilt with twice as many titanium parts as Portland79.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't take the stuff personally, I just use Whey protien that I get from Henery's Market. Most of those suppliments seem to have alot of "crap" in them. Normally I classify "crap" as "ingredients I can't pronounce". I figure the more "crap" I avoid, the better off I am.

Besides, like my swim coach use to say back in the day when asked why we didn't lift as much as some of the other teams: "Make the engine faster, don't make the boat bigger"

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1.5 grams protein per pound of body weight for an athlete is normal, though you get it from other sources as well (dairy, meat, eggs etc).

If you are gaining weight & look swollen I sincerely doubt its because you are SHARING two packets of Myoplex per day - regardless of what's in it that's hardly 300 calories. For that much excercise I'm sure you could justify the caloric intake to have two shakes yourself. I can't believe you are actually gaining weight with 2 hours per day of cardio, I myself would not be able to eat enough food if I did that much. I eat all day and would still lose 15 pounds. But maybe the weight lifting is doing it?
Quote Reply
Re: Myoplex [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
1.5 grams protein per pound of body weight for an athlete is normal, though you get it from other sources as well (dairy, meat, eggs etc).

If you are gaining weight & look swollen I sincerely doubt its because you are SHARING two packets of Myoplex per day - regardless of what's in it that's hardly 300 calories. For that much excercise I'm sure you could justify the caloric intake to have two shakes yourself. I can't believe you are actually gaining weight with 2 hours per day of cardio, I myself would not be able to eat enough food if I did that much. I eat all day and would still lose 15 pounds. But maybe the weight lifting is doing it?
Must be a young dude, full of muscle-building hormones, and with good genetics.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Myoplex [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's most likely the strength training. I'm much more dense than I was two months ago. I got my body fat comp% measured yesterday at the gym. It was just shy of 11%. This is off season for me. During race season, I am 150-155.. I'm exactly 6 foot tall. I weighed in at 173 last night. And the strange thing is that this morning, I look ripped. Next week, I'll look swol.

No doubt with the weight trainig that I have been doing, my body is responding. I am going to cut it back to 1 day/week starting in February as I move into my base training.

But I will say this,,. that Myoplex stuff is really good.
Quote Reply