Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work.
Quote | Reply
I don't care, but Sojourner been complaining incessantly, and the only way to shut him up is toe fix it, if you don't mind. You can bill him for the work.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So once equals incessantly?

Huh, I did not know that.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's the deal. slowtwitch is now getting served from four computers. there's the one that slowtwitch.com is on, and there's the forum's database. then there's the forum itself, forum.slowtwitch.com, and it's now been split onto two servers that share the work. yes, i've been getting an occasional glitch during the past week. i don't know why. but the forum is now too big for one server to handle.

i've been investigating some options. bottom line, tho, the forum's been the subject of better than 100g of data transfer each month, and the processors have been redlining on both servers. so, we need to figure out where to go next. one problem: this forum is really optimized for linux and it's running on windows. blah blah. either way, don't fear, we're on it!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when you do get on, just bookmark that link and it will always work again
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you need to get a part-time job to pay for more/bigger servers so we can keep playing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't care, but Sojourner been complaining incessantly, and the only way to shut him up is toe fix it, if you don't mind. You can bill him for the work.
Yes, bill me, I'm a little bitch and like to complain, but I'm loaded too.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work. [douglashilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]when you do get on, just bookmark that link and it will always work again[/reply]

No it won't. Mine is bookmarked and I only get on about 10% of the time using that way although I can always get on going back through the history and clicking there. This all started about a week ago for me.

Makes no sense to me so it must be math related.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work. [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the link from the Lucero cotillion:

http://slowtwitch.com/...tribikes/lucero.html

below the 4th pic, Bill and Val w/bike.

B-

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars, the rest I just squandered" -George Best
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work. [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I demand that you Post up the bookmark for us all to see.

I'll bet it does not look like this:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?forum=1

You lose--so send me your original IM Finisher's Medal, T-shirt, Headsweat, keychain, coffee cup, cycling shorts, cycling top, socks, hat, swim cap, jewelry, watch, fleece jacket, headbands, light stick...

WHAT? THEY DIDN'T HAVE THAT STUFF? Why the hell did you do it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You were right. The old bookmark worked a week ago.

And, since I wrote my chapter for the book I have forgotten why I did it so to find out you will have to buy a copy :-)

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And, since I wrote my chapter for the book I have forgotten why I did it so to find out you will have to buy a copy :-)

I can't believe anybody would do it without Logo Swag!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could easily drop a load of bandwidth by dropping the flash banner ads, or drop it to one flash ad.

The version of code this forum is written in and the database connectivity it employs are not what you would call, great, given other systems available. If you have to run on a windows server platform use .Net and either MySql or MSSql server. If this is the std setup then it is conncted to a MySql database that easily can handle the load on a single server.

I just left working for a bank that has a single .Net server and MySql backend that houses an in-house message system and forums that handle 26000 users a day and over 2 million posts a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just used it......works for me.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman--The link to the Forum from your homepage does not work. [tri-espana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I just left working for a bank that has a single .Net server and MySql backend that houses an in-house message system and forums that handle 26000 users a day and over 2 million posts a week.[/reply]

Yeah, but did it have a hottie thread? I think not... ;)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply