Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

6 FT. TALL 56CM?
Quote | Reply
2004 FELT FOR 50% OFF. COULD THIS WORK? WITHOUT HAVING TO BE FITTED. THE DEAL IS ONLINE? TOM?
Quote Reply
Re: 6 FT. TALL 56CM? [NEWTOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a legit 6' (with my shoes off). I have a 32'' dress pant inseam and ride a 56 Felt S22. Fits perfect!

Mike

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is possible the dimensions could match.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm somewhere between 1.78m and 1.80 and I ride a 58 cannondale (with a short stem). It's a road bike and I have long arms/legs.

Basically the size number doesn't say anything because everyone has different porportions.

But 50% for a Felt... I'd buy it and sell it on ebay if it didn't fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam and was professionally fitted to a 55cm Kestrel, both the fitter and I thought we would need a 57 but the 55 ended up being the right size. I guess all that says is that it is possible, but I'd submit my measurements to someone who can comapre them to the specific Felt geometry before I bought a bike without a fit.

Keith

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Six feet tall is about 183 cm.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5' 11 1/2" with a 31 inseam.

I have 3 56cm Felts (Track, Road and DA700).

If you get it, you'll love it.

Which one are you getting?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the most important thing is the top tube. If it’s to short you will ether be to cramped or you will have to use a long stem and that may put you to far out front to make the bike handle well. But if the top tube is the right size then it should work out fine.

I’m 6’1” and have a 36” inseam (yes way long legs) and my TT bike is a 59cm road bike is a 61cm I wish I could ride a smaller frame to get a smaller head tube. But any smaller and the tope tube would be to short.

So look at the top tube length.

Bikedude
Quote Reply
Re: 6 FT. TALL 56CM? [Hook'em] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5-11 with a 32 inseam.

I have a Felt FR1 (road bike) 56
and a Felt DA 700 in a 54.

Careful.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 FT. TALL 56CM? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tripoet,

Well you need a track bike to complete your collection! (and if you have a little boy like me, a bmx bike too)

I could probably go with a 58 on the road bike if I had to. Soundsl like we are pretty consistent on our differences between havin a smaller tri vs road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just under 6', ride a 58 cm with a 57.2 TT. TT is way more important than ST.

Find an online fit calulator, have someone help you measure and see if this bike fits. You could have a great deal or a PITA bike.

A bit of due dilligence will answer way better than what size bike I ride.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 FT. TALL 56CM? [Russell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6"-1" in the morning, but closer to 6"-0" by bedtime. I ride a 58 p2k and a 59 litespeed classic. look at the dimensions and try it for size.
Quote Reply