Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

aerodynamics, real world part II
Quote | Reply
I tried to find some real world numbers alluded to in a previous post - but it didn't seem to have anything like I'd like to see.

Since nobody has posted any "real world tests" that they've seen or done - I thought I'd add a few things....

Power issues - I've never used a power tap or similar device so I don't know the difficulties - but they do calculate average power right? I think you could get a pretty darn good idea of the speed value of different equipment with one. FOR EXAMPLE, - lets say I did 3 by 10 mile repeats with my watts averageing 198 - heart rate 160 - average speed 22 mph. I then switched my training wheels to Zipps - my 3 by 10 mile repeats my watts averaged 202 - heart rate 162 - average speed 23.5 mph. I think that I'd conclude that the Zipps were a little less than 1 1/2 miles per hour faster.....wouldn't this be useful to know? What if the difference was 22 mph and 22.2 mph - I'd think twice before spending the money on the race wheels....I think this test is doable. Anything like this out there?

If not - I'll volunteer to do it - I'll post all my data. I just need volunteers to send me the following:

A Cervelo P3 to compare to my non-aero frame - plus any other frames you'd like me to test - just send them on. I'd like to ride some Felts, a Yaqui, a Talon- a softride - I'll need someone to fit me on all of them too - Dan?

Lots of different race wheels - discs, Zipps, HED 3....

Any forks/front ends you want me to test...

All those water bottle systems - rear/front....

Oh yeah - I'll need a power tap of other similar device....

Just let me know - I'll give you my address. I'm ready to begin anytime. I'll also cmpare SLAM and STEEP - get some data on aerodynamics/heart arate variation ata given watt output - maybe add some subjective numbers to run feel after the rides in different positions.....
Quote Reply
Re: aerodynamics, real world part II [daveinmammoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't limit yourself to just the equipment you want to test.

We all want to know which carbo drink helps the most with recovery, so make sure you get all of them...And wheather a post workout massage really helps, so maybe you could find some volunteers...And of course which beer reduces lactic acid the most...The possibilities are endless.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: aerodynamics, real world part II [daveinmammoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure we can't pay you for this? You're a heck of a guy.
Quote Reply