Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shopping for running shoes
Quote | Reply
Yesterday, I went to a local running shoe store.They bill themselves as 'Arizona's #1 Running Shoe Store' or something like that. I was looking for my favorite shoes; Saucony Trigon. They didn't carry them. So I was looking at other shoes instead. While putting on a pair of Mizuno's, I noticed that the floor was entirely made out of cork. The Mizuno's didn't work for me and neither did a pair of Asics. I thought the cork floor thing was an interesting retailing trick to create the illusion that the new shoes have a slight 'bounce' to them and thus help sell more shoes. Since I was already wearing my running shoes, it also helped create the illusion that my old shoes were just fine.

Anyway, I'm still looking for a pair of Saucony Trigon's. Does anyone have a coupon for Roadrunner Sports or any other online running shoe store?

Thanks!!

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Last edited by: mojozenmaster: Jan 17, 05 4:13
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping for running shoes [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road Runner email this morning. Please use Order Code CYM-05333 at checkout. 10% off orders of $100 or more.

Hurry, this offer runs away January 23rd!

Grid Trigon 2

SCN470 - Saucony®
Your Price: $89.99
Club Price: $85.49

Grid Trigon 2

SCN398 - Saucony®
MSRP: $90.00
Sale Price: $69.99
Club Price: $66.49
Save up to $23.51!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve,

If you know what size you need I can ring the Running Shop in Tucson and see if they have them. I still get all my running shoes from there. email or ring me w/ your size.\

Brian

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try this site:

http://www.holabirdsports.com/cgi-bin/search?skip=20&type=65&group=5&manufact=132&gender=2&productname=&newflag=null&poflag=null&shopbytype=null&selection=menu&id=8&totalcount=29

Greg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Save your money. Try Vitruvians. they now have 1 new and 2 slightly changed models that are about to come out, but their older models are on sale for $30. They rock. The front is as flexible as a good racing flat. I bought some. Now my daughters, niece, brother-in-law all have 'em. Can't beat the price. I think the regulars price is $60. No bells and whistles, just comfort.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't stepped into a running shoe store in 2 years and loving it!

www.roadrunnersports.com

Until retailers to allow me to run outside and/or return shoes, I'm forced to buy online. Would love to support the LRS (did I just start a new acronym?), but can't justify the pain....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm very surprised the Asics didn't work for you. I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Asics shoes.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping for running shoes [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got to support your local run shops and bike shops. They are the guys and girls that help sponsor many local tri's and road races. Check around. Most running shops are very easy going when it comes to returns. They are backed-up very well by their vendors (who value their business and input).

I know Brooks and New Balance are great as far as customer satisfaction is concerned. I'm sure Asics and Saucony probably are too bad either. Not sure about the evil empire.
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping for running shoes [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know you all are trying to ignore me.

TRY VITRUVIANS!

One pair. I doubt you'll go back.

Quote Reply
Re: Shopping for running shoes [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like an old New Balance shoe

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'll try 'em. At $30 a pair, seems pretty risk free. Check http://www.vitruvianrunning.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try RNJ Sports (ad in the back pages of Runners' World).

No Tax, Free Shipping.

I just picked up a pair of Asics GT-2090
for $64.95 total (retail is $89.95).

Their prices are very hard to beat.
Same day shipping.

good thread
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping for running shoes [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let us know what you think.

Dick Feuille

I DO NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTION
TO VITRUVIAN!

Quote Reply
Re: Shopping for running shoes [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feels a lot like I remember my old NB and old Adidas from the 70's, except the front end is even more flexible, so you can just roll off (and give a litttle push with your toe--if you so desire.)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> I know you all are trying to ignore me.

You meant: "you all are succeeding at ignoring me", right?

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and just as ugly!

;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UUUUUUH! Yeah!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...but the next generation Vitruvians are much better looking.

-mike
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping for running shoes [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on my 3rd pair of Saucony Trigons and they've all worked well for me. I think they have magical healing powers. I'm a big guy; 6'2", 210lbs with a low arch. A salesperson at A Snails Pace in Pasadena recommended the Trigons for me and immediately after running in them, a nagging 'sore calf injury' suddenly disappeared.

You guys read Russ Brandt's 'racing flat theory' thread? That's good stuff. Should I start a new thread "Racing Flat's For Clydedales"? or can someone answer that question here?

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping for running shoes [Greiffster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]...but the next generation Vitruvians are much better looking.

-mike[/reply]

Who cares. I didn't pay attention. My fashion conscious 20 year old twins (girls) tell me they think the ones they have (the originals) look great. They don't like the fru-fru on most running shoes. I originally ordered one for one of them. Her sister came home for Christmas break and commandeered them because they were so much more comfortable than her shoes. I ordered another pair. My older daughter leaves her 6 week old Asics in the closet now. She uses her Vitruvians. (What a waste of $90)

Quote Reply