Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I've heard a rumor concerning an IM in MD.
Quote | Reply
I've heard about a possible IM in MD put on by the same people who put on Eagleman. I've also heard that it may be an M-Dot race. Has anyone else heard these rumors? Any truth to them?
Quote Reply
Re: I've heard a rumor concerning an IM in MD. [Jerry in PA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jerry, Its probably somewhere between rumor and reality. Ironman North America is soliciting race venues to replace certain North American races, or maybe even to add to the current crop. We have a local group here in the Colonial Williamsburg, VA area who submitted their proposal/bid last week. I believe the short list of the 5 finalists is due sometime in the next few months, after IM North America has the chance to actually go to the prospective venues. According to the head of the local group, this east coast race will replace IM Florida whose contract is up after this year, for a period of 5 years, but I'm personally not entirely sure this is the case. At any rate, several east coast venues are submitting proposals. Virginia and Maryland are just two of many. I think the target for our local group is to get the race for fall 2004.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The IM distance part is true.

You can go to www.tricolumbia.org for ther blurb at the bottom of the poage. It just says "Chesapeake Challenge iron distance race comign fall 2004" or something like that.

So you can just about figure on an iron distance race for next fall in cambridge.

The M dot part is more speculation. The m dot folks have made it known that they are looking for more money than they are currently receiving right now.

You've also go the fact that eagleman has been a qualifier for a long time and the organization clearly has some sort of relationship with the tricolumbia folks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just inquired about it w/ www.tricolumbia.org. The date for the event is scheduled for 09/27/04.
Quote Reply