Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saw the Lucero today.......WOW!
Quote | Reply
Saw it at All 3 Sports here in Atlanta.....That is one fine looking carbon frame.....very well made. Makes a Kestrel and for that matter the Kuoto? look cheeply made.
Sweet!

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Saw the Lucero today.......WOW! [IronZ06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep seeing how pretty this bike is and nobody posts a pic!
Quote Reply
Re: Saw the Lucero today.......WOW! [IronZ06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on my initial impressions the Lucero is a much nicer bike than a Kestrel or a Kuota. The cable routing can be cantancerous though- don't loose the guide cable or you will be in for a bit of a chore.

Ride quality is very good- Francois did a good job of characterizing it. The bottom brackets on the ones we got needed lots of prepping- the threads were fully sketch. They strightened right out when we ran the BB thread prep tool in there.

It's only 8 degrees here so obviously I have no miles on these bikes, but they are very nice as far as initial impression goes.

I do wish they would have been more creative and current with the graphics. For a bike of this caliber, the graphics don't do it justice. I think they are way too quiet. That said, they probably won't put anybody off. They just strike me as boring. It's like dressing Anna Kournikova in sweats. With a bod like the Lucero sistah gotta work it!

They should have hired the Felt graphics kid to do it and given him a bag of Dorritos and some chronic to knock out a current looking design motif. Also, this would have been the obvious transition point from word names to "letter,letter, number,number" names and a change of head badge or logo appearance, which QR is long overdue for in my opinion.

"Lucero" is a nice name, but "T70" or "TC1" would have opened up a world of additional graphic and marketing avenues and takes a cue from BMW (735il) and fighter plane vernacular like "F-15". Considering it is a predominantly male customership that type of identity plays well.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Saw the Lucero today.......WOW! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty bike, but too skinny for my taste. ;p

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So does Lucero + P3C = Beginning of the end for Kestrel?

-------
Andrew

"When will i learn, people do not want to hurt but will spend $500.00 bucks to go four seconds faster." - randall t
Quote Reply
Re: Saw the Lucero today.......WOW! [zoomy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, Kestrel discontinuing the KM40 prior to having an actual mass produced replacement (and losing a whole year of sales) might have been the beginning of the end for Kestrel ;-)

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: Saw the Lucero today.......WOW! [Craigster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. That is, I guess, the main reason I posed the question in the first place. It seems their best chance is to get to a wind tunnel and show that their seattubeless design is more aero than the other carbon wannabes, and that they are still the carbon bike design kings. Otherwise, it would seem a tough road for them.

-------
Andrew

"When will i learn, people do not want to hurt but will spend $500.00 bucks to go four seconds faster." - randall t
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is it about adding SL,GTI or similar to a product makes it more attractive to us men? I bet in caveman times there was a club salesman pedaling clubs with names like clubman mark 2 (new manufacturing techniques have allowed vast improvments on the already classic mark 1), clubman mark 2 sl (12oz lighter than the mark2 but no loss in power), clubman mark 2 sl super 5 (the ultimate in club technology for the more decerning club wealder, perfectly balanced to improved handing charictoristics delivering 5 times more performance.

Once the P3 carbon's been out for a while all Cervelo need to do is remove a few stickers to reduce the weight slightly call it the P3 carbon SL rise the price a bit and everyone (including me) will be drooling after it even more.
Last edited by: boing: Jan 15, 05 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: Saw the Lucero today.......WOW! [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
add 34D and it has the same effect.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Saw the Lucero today.......WOW! [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Search for one of François's recent threads.. (4-6 days ago maybe)

he posted a nice shot of the frame and some sweet close ups of it too.

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply