Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2 sec. poll [yobbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I waited until I calmed down from reading your 'troll' remark. Now that I'm calm I can respond...

You swine abuser! And I mean that in a most sexual way!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: 2 sec. poll [Shad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome! Some 20 years ago I started working on a plan to develop the Taos Tortilla Factory. Initially I'd open a small factory, probably near Albuquerque/Rio Rancho, but have a storefront in Taos Plaza where I'd hire Indian women to make them by hand and sell to tourists. I'd sell them at huge discount to local restaurants as long as I could place a placard on the tables stating 'We feature premium tortillas by the Taos Tortilla Factory' and then they'd sell packages of them. Through word of mouth, the business would expand, eventually taking over the world!

I planned on 'designer tortillas', too. Tourists would literally eat them up. How about raison-cinamon swirl tortillas, sun-dried tomato tortillas, patriotic tortillas - sun-dried tomato, plain and blue corn swirl.

I only gave it a half-assed effort and couldn't get my mom to invest.

Oh, and yes, lard is most important for a proper tortilla.

Quote Reply
Re: 2 sec. poll [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Rio Rancho and it is really growing. They are building the new City Hall and sports arena at Northern and Unser (were they even paved 20 years ago?). Lots of money from the local government is going into business development (they want to diversify away from Intel). We just got our very own LBS a couple months ago, we will be getting a nice aquatic center (12 million worth) in the next two years, and the city wants to take over the duathlon and 5k/10k trail run that is put on. Rio Rancho is moving in the right direction

I think you could do well with any boutique store here now.

I may have to change my vote though, I forgot that my neighbor makes tortilla's ever night (mmmm lard) she's from Tesuque and makes great food ever day (best mole I've ever had).
Quote Reply
Re: 2 sec. poll [Shad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sister lives in Santa Fe. Have you seen the sports center there? All indoors - 50m pool, giant kiddy play pool with water slide, ice rink, running track, exercise equipment and more. It's simply HUGE!

Quote Reply

Prev Next