Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quote | Reply
Anybody have any experience with this shoe. I'm looking for a lightweight cushioned trainer, and these look good. Plus, they're orange.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback: Adidas Adios Lightstrike [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless I'm mistaken it was those very shoes which Stadler wore in Hawaii, the "Warning Red" color.

I got a gift certificate to one of our sporting good stores and blew it on a trainer racer type shoe from Nike, called an Air Max Zaville. I've been running in it, and I'll be damned its the lightest most cushioned trainer I've ever ran in.
Last edited by: boothrand: Jan 5, 05 20:11
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback: Adidas Adios Lightstrike [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered a pair from RoadRunnerSports a few weeks ago and put (2) 6 miles runs on them...

- They are WAY brighter than any picture can ever show. Watch out, perhaps a new DOT workboot.

- I'm not sure why "Light" is in the name. They are heavier than nearly every Adidas I have (Cubato, Adidas Competition, Rotterdam, Supernove Competition, etc). They look like a racing flat in the photo, but aren't....they have a monster sole, lots of cushioning.

- Don't think Stadler wore then, isn't he an Asics guy? What shoe did he wear?

- They run GREAT! The verdict is still out, but initial thoughts are "thumbs up". A very nice forefoot cushion, but does make a funny "plastic" noise upon strike (must be the materials).

- 5 of the eyelets popped out when I replaced the laces, oh well....less weight.

Hope that helps....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find the Adidas Adios Lightstrike to be an excellent shoe! For me, it’s quite reminiscent of the old Equipment Gazelles (circa 1998) in terms of fit, smooth ride, etc. Durability would be the only concern here.

Stadler races in the Asics DS Racer V…also available in an Orange color way of sorts.

Eastbay has the Asics DS Racer V on special in both the Orange and Flash Yellow color ways and the Adidas Adios Lightstrike in some additional, more conservative colors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love them. I have been waiting for Adidas to come out with a shoe that was close to one they had in the late 90s which I cannot remember the name (they had a yellow sole, black stipes, white top, super light, great cushioning). This is that shoe with a little larger toe box. It also comes in another alternate color, a much more toned down combination of white and blue (see adidas.com).
Quote Reply