Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computers Used on Cervelo Forks?
Quote | Reply
What types of computers are you using on your cervelo chord forks? Any recommendations on the most reliable mounting computers to use? And one with and adapter or that will work with an adapter to mount on aero bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Computers Used on Cervelo Forks? [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems a bit silly to put a computer sensor on an aero fork and ruin the aero advantage. I run mine off the rear and not the fork.
Quote Reply
Re: Computers Used on Cervelo Forks? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.......but then if you're using a disc in a race you have to go without your speedometer function with a rear mount. To me it's no big deal because cadence is the most important thing to be monitoring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just glue/tape the magnet to your disc?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Computers Used on Cervelo Forks? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Why not just glue/tape the magnet to your disc? "

Tried it once but the magnet fell off. Has anyone else had success with this approach?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snip.. "Seems a bit silly to put a computer sensor on an aero fork and ruin the aero advantage. "

You know, I keep hearing people say this, but I have yet to see evidence of any sort that this is in fact the case, or that even if it is, it will cause enough difference to be statistically significant.

MH

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone else on this board suggested putting the magnet in the cutout of the disc. I am not sure how they held it there however. I have a zipp disc incoming so I am wondering about this as well. To me, there might not be any aero disadvantage of putting the sensor on the front fork, but I just don't like the way it looks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run a cateye and it works fine on my Syntace C2 (uses an attachement on to the inside of the bars), the LBS where I got both bike and computer said he had a lot of success with the wireless Cateye, but was out of them when my bike was built. I would have liked the wireless as its cleaner, no cables. As far as I know the wireless does not have a cadence function.

Post deleted by Kraig Willett [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a VDO Cytec CO8 on my P3. Works great. The sensor is mounted on the front of the right fork about halfway up. I have no problems switching back and forth between my training wheels and race wheels (Zipp 404's). The computer is mounted on my Syntace C2 streamliner right by the armrest which also works well because of the "rubber band" type mounting system.

There might be a slight "aero" disadvantage...but I would rather know how far and fast I've gone.

Good Luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Computers Used on Cervelo Forks? [Kraig Willett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a crazy idea... why can't Cervelo (or any mfgr of aero forks) develop an integrated speed transmitter internal to the fork so this becomes a moot point? Gerard, are you there? It doesn't seem that this would be too hard to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run the Avocett 45tt, rear mount with cadence. I like the magnet ring instead of spoke magnets. It puts the weight (however minimal) nearer the hub and is more accurate. I was able to get it mounted to my HED Disc using the aero wheel adapter and a little electrical tape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using the Sigma Sport 1600 computer on my P2K upgraded with Syntace C2's. The optional mounting bracket positions the readout in between your arms and still leaves room for an aero bottle. The cord supplied seemed too short to run the sensor out back so I ran it down the leading edge of the fork using mylar tape. The sensor attaches cleanly with the supplied rubberbands. I considered the Cateye as there are no cords, but the Sigma Sport sensor is much more low-profile. I think having the data under your nose more than makes up for a little extra drag caused by running cord and sensor on the fork.
Quote Reply
Re: Computers Used on Cervelo Forks? [Triman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put a magnet (from off of my refridgerator magnet doodads) in the cutout. First, I stuffed the backside with a little foam, then centered the magnet over the closed presta valve stem top, put a little more foam over the open side and put one piece of painter's blue masking tape over the cutout. The foam keeps the magnet from bouncing around, and the tape holds just fine for at least Half ironman distances, and I don't have any junk hanging off of my Ouzo Pro Aero front fork blades...nor do I have a magnet whipping around.

Probably makes almost no direct difference in my times, but it gives me something to do with my nervous energy the morning of the race.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im looking into the same thing. Any thoughts on the vetta v-100 wireless. I am going to go with the cadence version as well.

bob
Quote Reply