Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shopping in SanDiego area
Quote | Reply
Comrades,

I'll be there in March and want to visit interesting shops. Where can I see a great selection of running gear, cycling and triathlon shops, nutrition (I want to try double caffinated tangerine powergel as this is not on sale in Europe)? Could you provide some addresses?

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping in SanDiego area [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are a few of the ones I frequent. I'll give you the websites instead of the addresses, let me know if you still want the addresses (they can be found on the websites)

Roadrunner Sports - www.roadrunnersports.com
Nytro - www.nytro.com
B&L Bike - www.blbikes.com

lots more too....just the ones I like

-bcreager
Last edited by: bcreager: Jan 4, 05 6:34
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping in SanDiego area [bcreager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Nytro Multisports rec...waiting at home tomorrow for my new P3SL they built to arrive here in NYC....there's also a review of the shop on this web site.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping in SanDiego area [Friendly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A shop with a big selection of oakleys would also be interesting.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmmm....best selection of Oakelys I have found is actually at Sports Chalet. There are a few throughout San Diego. Nytro and Road Runner sports have some, but not a huge selection.

www.sportschalet.com

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For Oakley's, check out the "Oakley Vault" in Carlsbad at the Carlsbad Company Stores (North County San Diego, but not too far from Nytro). Sunglasses and everything else Oakley you could want.

http://oakley.com/ostore/carlsbad_vault/

Ask for Laura and tell her I said "Hi"...

Have Fun,

Fred
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
an hour north of san diego is the Oakley world headquarters. if you like Oakley stuff this is the place to visit. they are open for tours and shopping...

see their web site for the directions.

whenever I am in the market for new Oakley gear I just go straight to the source.

-Trisha
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping in SanDiego area [lajollaseal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's cool. I'll check this out. This trip might get expensive ... ;-))

regards,

Frank

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also if you go to Nytro you should cross the street and check out Movin' Shoes. More of a running store, but they have a great selection and they're SUPER nice!! :-) If you go on a Monday night, they do a group run at 6p, it's about 5.5 miles!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank,

To shop for bike gear in Cali as a european is like throwing money out of the window. Maybe you can buy some "souvenirs", but I would not do any serious shopping over here (unless you absolutely can't get the item in Europe and are dying to have it at all cost). Even with the strong Euro you will be disappointed. You will still pay more than back home. (e.g. Look Keo pedals: $ 200.- (at best). I have seen them for E 110.- over here). Gels and bars are best bought on sale at markets or drug stores or even better: online.

I am currently stockpiling bike parts for my next season. Well, I have some "Euro-Income" to spend....Hope customs will not ask too many questions ("Sir, you are not telling me that these 3 wheelsets are for your personal use?").

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Last edited by: adrialin: Jan 5, 05 15:20
Quote Reply
Re: Shopping in SanDiego area [adrialin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi adrialin,

shopping is not the main purpose of my trip. And its not true that gear is cheaper in Europe. There are lots of things which are very difficult to buy over here and which are far more expensive than in the US. (Nike shoes, oakleys, zoot clothing, etc.)

BTW, can anyone recommend a nice motel in Oceanside/Carlsbad?

regards,

Frank

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Grand Pacific Palisades; ocean view and walking distance to the Oakley store in Carlsbad.

Might be a bit pricey though...

http://www.grandpacificpalisades.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Tech Bikes is another great shop for tri and road bikes.

http://www.hi-techbikes.com/bikes.htm
Quote Reply