Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Year, New Injury (Foot)... Opinions?
Quote | Reply
Two days after my long run for the week, I started getting a very dull pain in my right foot. It's kind of between the arch and the ball of the foot (the intersection of the two, I guess). Seems like it's centered 2 toes over from the side (the pinky toe side).

It's bothered more by wearing supportive shoes. Not so bad when barefoot. After a 2 hr ride today, it felt fine, so I slapped on my motion control shoes for a brick run... made it about 100 meters before I realized it was a bad idea.

I'll see a doc if it persists. But in the meantime, sound like anything you STers have had or know about?

Addendum: I did no running for 2 days after that long run, and it started at no particular time. I haven't jumped off of anything. I did do a set of calf raises the other day after is started, and while not comfy, it didn't seem to worsen it. At day 4 now, it's definitely getting worse. :-(

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: New Year, New Injury (Foot)... Opinions? [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aztec -

I'd love to help 'ya, but your anatomic description is about as bad as I've ever read ;)

But here goes: toes numbered 1-5 with #1 the big toe.

Press on the TOP of your foot about 1-2 cm behind the 2nd, 3rd and 4th toes along the long bone (metatarsal) - any pain?

Any pain with moving the toes at their full range of motion (probably not).

Last, press between the 3rd and 4th toes on the BOTTOM of the foot while squeezing the foot from the sides - any pain?

Lasty - draw a mark, snap a digital photo and PM it too me

My long day new years day run was spectacular I might add - got to test drive my new XM MyFi radio: awesome!

Re: New Year, New Injury (Foot)... Opinions? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<Press on the TOP of your foot about 1-2 cm behind the 2nd, 3rd and 4th toes along the long bone (metatarsal) - any pain?>> Negative. On the 4th one, if I set my foot on soft carpet and really press and flex that joint, it just begins to feel like the spot. Barely.

<<Any pain with moving the toes at their full range of motion (probably not). >> Negative. Even if I stretch for a full ROM, I only barely feel that dull ache in that spot.

<<Last, press between the 3rd and 4th toes on the BOTTOM of the foot while squeezing the foot from the sides - any pain? >> OUCH! Just kidding. Nope.

<<Lasty - draw a mark, snap a digital photo and PM it too me >> Will do. Thanks for the help.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: New Year, New Injury (Foot)... Opinions? [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Initial impression is a simple capsulitis of the 4th MPJ (joint where the toe "meets" the ball of the foot. Ice it, avoid hard surfaces and easy on the stairs - should be better quickly (and at the most 10-14 days).