Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone bike in Gainesville, FL? [DISKA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Man" is synonymous with "perv," especially those of us of the latin descent!

Saw that Rob is doing Disney. Likewise. Let's get the kids together. We may grab a room at Disney just for kicks.

Is he doing Alcatraz as well?
Last edited by: RA: Jan 1, 05 11:16
Quote Reply
Post deleted by DISKA [ In reply to ]
Re: Anyone bike in Gainesville, FL? [DISKA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, tell Jerry that the impending birth of his first child, and the downward spiral of his training volume, will vault me ahead of him in the tri-scene. Now it's time for him to become fat and slovenly.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone bike in Gainesville, FL? [toadpalmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gainesville, FL today:

73F at noon time

75F Projected Max, feels like 77

Humidity: 56 %

Monday and Tuesday look exactly the same. We have 2 big bike clubs with daily rides, often one in the morning, one in the afternoon. And the town only has 100,000 people.

Everything is easy acess, parking is not a problem ( outside of the campus), we barely have a traffic during rush hour. If I am stuck in traffic for more than 5 minutes, I get angry because it is so very unusual. Very good police force. We have many springs around, but don't go in the lakes - they are infested with gators.

The radio stations are a bit lacking. Plenty of trails to run or trail ride in ( we don't call it mountain biking because there are no mountains). The quality of the roads is very high, even for American standards.

Friendly population, I have had people pick me up when I crashed or couldn't fix a flat 4-5 times.

Affordable housing, but increasing prices.

Ciao,

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea there are so many races there too! There are like 3 different series going on...oh my bad...that would be Clermont...an hour or so south. Clermont is where it is at unless your looking to hit the Purple Porpoise after a long day training.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone bike in Gainesville, FL? [Felipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felipe...

I was in your town today and yesterday. It has more traffic on Archer and Newberry and everything in-between than NYC... How do you bike there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TP,

RA was pretty much on about G'ville....I've lived here since '90 (UF graduate).....Great biking here, you probably want to check out (The Gainesville Cycling Club web page) for group rides....Nice thing about the county, most new surfaced roads get bike lanes....Most of the riding is done primarily North and South of G'ville...GCC has Saturday and Sunday rides, one day they ride the north routes, the other the south....There is also Team Florida and from what I hear, a racing team is forming out of a LBS (Chain Reaction I believe)......The LBS are a bit lacking here....But, the great thing about G'ville is that it is with in at most 2.5 hr (for the furthest) drive of bigger cities (Jax, Orlando, Tampa, Daytona) not to mention the NTC in Clermont.....So, you have a lot at your disposal if you can't find it in town.....

As for RJs comments....there are a couple of heavily driven arteries, especially during rush hour (primarily around campus)....but they can be circumvented for riding purposes.....Felipe is also right about an abundance of places to trail run and what not......there are also several rail-to-trails in the area if you are so inclined....

PM me if you have anymore questions.

KEEP ON TRI-NG
Quote Reply

Prev Next