Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

? for Renn Disc owners
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the dumb question, but I got my Renn Disc today and am having a heck of a time getting this tube pumped up. I tried three different pumps and none of them fit in the cut-out. What is everyone else using? Thanks!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: ? for Renn Disc owners [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silca Track Adapter aka "crack pipe"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran into the same thing. That little brass adapter is ~$12. In speaking to Frank @ Renn, he mentioned that some use a tube with 48mm valve and then are able to angle it out far enough to get a standard pump head onto it(I had already bought the adapter so I haven't tried that).

One piece of advice~don't thread the little nut over the valve. There is nothing solid for it to seat onto and it actually compresses down into the corrugated material between the access hole and the rim. I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to get it unthreaded and backed out(that would have been a real hassle if I had left it and had a flat during a race).

For flats during a race, the small CO2 adapter will fit into the access hole and onto the valve(at least it appears that way~luckily, I haven't had to try firsthand).

Good luck & enjoy the disk~(It's a great value for the $$$)

David aka DIGTRI

PS: I can't wait for their upcoming front wheel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the long stem tube and you just bend it out. Nothing to it.

Bob Sigerson
Quote Reply