Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU Bike
Quote | Reply
I'm somewhat new to the sport of triathlon and will be competing in some ITU races this summer. I currently ride a Cervelo P2K and feel like it doesn't fit well when set up like a road bike (handling wise). I'm weary of riding in packs with this bike and have therefore looked into purchasing a road bike for ITU racing. I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on the Yaqui DL, the Kestrel talon SL, any Orbea or the Trek 5900. I should be able to get a good deal on any of these, so price really isn't too much of an issue, but i wanted to hear what others thought of these bikes as a potential bike to race ITU with.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Bike [KalamazooTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have athletes competing in draft-legal races, including ITU races, one of them rides a P2K, and in my opinion you're better off with a conventional road bike. The right bike depends much on the course, but my choice would go for a very light frame, probably the Orbea is a good pick. The right set of wheels is also very important, you'll want a pair of light wheels that accelerate well.
Having said that, the P2K is also a good choice for draft-legal races, providing you ride with a 74-76deg geometry.
My guess is that your problem is not the bike but bike skills, maybe you should train more with a pack of skilled cyclists.

Paulo

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply