Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: F@ck me it's cold in England! [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Shaun, I think we (the wife and I) met you at Tri Action once. Are you the South African guy with the P3 and PCs? Yeah we know Bob and Bron very well, go back quiet a few years. You guys have a good club in Coquitlam.

Try www.jazzfm.com or go to windows media player radio list. Also try bbc radio, they have recordings of various shows from the previous week from all the bbc stations. That is where I get my fix of jazz and soul from djs like Robbie Vincent and Giles Peterson. I cant believe how crap the local Van stations are in comparison.

Quote | Reply
Howdy, neighbour (just trying it out for size). I it just me or does that sound like something out of "Home Improvement"? Anyway, that sounds more positive to me Shaun, what is the state of the job market like in PM? There doesn't seem to be much movement in the real estate market there, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Hope to see you at the 'drome.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: F@ck me it's cold in England! [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok SimpleS you have just lost all credibility if you claim Bob as a friend - Bron on the other hand may redeem you! Yup that's me the PowerCranker with a P# - curently in pieces stripped down for a winter paint job - you riding though the winter?>

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: F@ck me it's cold in England! [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julian - the job market is good generally in Vancouver at the moment - always more chance downtown than in Port Moody and obviously depends on the sector. Downtown is an easy comute (20mins) on the west coast express - my wife does it daily. Real estate is expensive - the boom of the last few years is trailing off marginally - however growth as project gear up for 2010 games will probably continue to drive it for some time to come - I am currently riding 3 times a week if you are looking for something while you are over here

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Shaun thanks for that, sadly I will not be bringing my bike over, just the pedals, shoes and helmet for the 'drome. I hadn't though about the effect of the winter olympics on the property market. Will it be based around Whistler and Blackcombe? I will try and get some boarding time whilst over but am not sure if it will be Whistler or Grouse that get my day pass.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re - Bob - LOL!

Yup riding more than ever, hooked up with a roadie group who are hard core. So we ride at night and in all weather conditions (at least so far this winter) Now my run (not that I could do that anyway) and swim on the other hand, that is another story!

Yes I recall you asking about painting your grey P3. Who is doing it? We used Chris Dekerf in Richmond for the wife's bike, he did a fine job.

Re: F@ck me it's cold in England! [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually 2010 is based in both Vancouver and Whistler - sharing the sports - housing in Whistler is off the graph at the moment....have you set a date for the drome?

Quote Reply
Re: F@ck me it's cold in England! [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking of using PaintIt on this forum - bit more expensive but he has been great with his ideas and feedback for simpletons like me.....when and where do you guys ride from?? I ride at night as well and would love to hook up with a group..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We ride with Larry Zimich http://www.zimichcoaching.com/ there are three coached group rides a week: sprints on Tuesday night (north van), hills (Cap Rd/Nancy Green Way, Cypress in spring) Wed nights and group ride on Sunday morning round Richmond. Roadie group with different ability levels from Cat1 down to tri heads like me. If you work in town its no problem, but be major hassle from PM or Coq.

Major difference in suffering between riding with them and riding with typical tri heads! Not sure if it will help me over IM but for shorter distances it sure will.

You should get Bob out training, he signed up for IMC but is having problems getting his butt into gear or so he tells me. Seeing as its Bob, I tend to believe that he has done little training!

Prev Next