Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Desoto American Triple T
Quote | Reply
A three day four race experience. Total distance = an Ironman. Anyone done this race before? My training partner and I are in and pretty excited about it. Link is at
http://www.americantriple-t.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto American Triple T [armytriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the solo division last year. I really enjoyed the race and highly recommend it as a training weekend for a early IM. Most people who have done it and didnt like it cite the technical nature of the bike (Hilly and corners) and the repetitions of the run (out and back 4 times over the weekend).

Overall its a bargain, cheaper than a typical IM race, more swag, and room and board for the weekend included.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man, oh man...

I really wanted to do that race this year. Even went about making sure I could get time off, but my brother decided to get married that weekend and I'll be the best man. I think someone posted a RR here last year. I've heard it's hilly, but I don't know more that that.

E
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto American Triple T [E-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the Little Smokies 1/2 (the last stage of TTT). it is very hilly (about 5500 feet of climbing on the ride & 2000 on the run). I wanted to do the TTT this year, but can't leave work early enough to get there. i'm planning the 1/2 again.

The run is great - but it is the same run for both Friday runs and Saturday 1/2 IM run so you will cover the same (hard) course 4 times. It's a pretty well run race - there was a post here about the Smokies half a few weeks ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it two years with two buddies of mine and bar none, it is the best deal going in triathlon today.

We had a blast doing it...quite honestly it is one of the toughest coursMes out there but everyone is truly supportive and the race planning and organization is great.

Train for hils. I can't remember one flat portion of the race except the swim.

They make you earn that medal.
Quote Reply