Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Place
Quote | Reply
THIS IS TIBBS DAY IN THE LIFE: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...in%20a%20day;#274915

Nothing new to the start of my day.

Got Mrs. Tibbs off to work.

Got the kids off to school.

First round of the little pills that keep me alive. A little candy for papa.

Oh the charoit of Tibbs. A rolling pile.

But I fear not because...

Satan is my co-pilot.

Sancrtuary! Sanctuary!

I will have these read in a week. I will understand and soak up all the knowledge in these books. It will increase my knowledge and allow me think.

I will then forget almost everything I read and studied in a few days and will know I read the book and remeber the basics but everything else will be lost. This is the hell my life is. Knowledge is my greatest treasure and it is a treasure that I can not hold.

So I go to the lake.

This is the view from my bench at Whiterock Lake. I watch people fish, boats sail by and cyclist and runners cruise on the path behind me. Sometimes I drink from a 40oz ( Keep the bag on gentlemen. Don't want to look like a tourist.). Sometimes I smoke cigars but most of the time I think. I wish for something to change. For my mind to fix itself or for me to die. Anything is better then the walking coma I'm in right now.

So I decide to go exploring...

but of course we must protect ourselves from ourselves.

Too cheer myself up I did a TSR inventory

It's looking thin which is good. Tibbs has had a lot of chances to play Santa.

But everyone cheer up! My fame makes things very good for me. I am so world famous I even have the T-shirt to prove it.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some work to do on the P3.

Tha-tha-tha-tha-tha-thats all folks!

Glad to see Tom D.'s Tri shop on the top of the podium of the Top 15 Tri Shops in IT magazine this month. BikeSports ranked first. Alphabetical or not...good job Tom D.!
Kevin Grogan

http://www.kevingrogan.triathletesonline.com

[/url]
leezee

Jul 16, 2005, 11:49 AM

Post #2 of 12 (1503 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Top USA Tri Shops: Tom D.s on the top! [KJGrog] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
Way to go Tom D. Very nice job! Sorry I have to follow Grogan with this as he is usually first to the line beofre me anyway.
Lee Zohlman, Lead Coach/President
Body Zen Multi Sport Coaching
http://www.bodyzen.com

[/url]
Tom Demerly

Jul 16, 2005, 11:53 AM

Post #3 of 12 (1496 views)
Copy Shortcut
Huge honor. Something to retire on. I will argue there are better shops than ours, and we so much room for improvement.

The additional 14 shops on the list are the best.

I can't tell you how excited I was about this when I learned about it a couple months ago.

The only problem is, when you are #1, there is no place to go but down....

Scary.

All the same, huge honor. I haven't seen it though. I've been too busy.

"I saw a lot of stuff out there man, some of it was real..." Mario Bonano

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/
(NOTE: This poster owns a retail business selling triathlon related products).

[/url]
jern

Jul 16, 2005, 11:58 AM

Post #4 of 12 (1486 views)
Copy Shortcut

can you post the entire list?

[/url]
Tom Demerly

Jul 16, 2005, 1:32 PM

Post #5 of 12 (1391 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Top USA Tri Shops: Tom D.s on the top! [jern] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
I looked for the list on insidetriathlon.com

It isn't up yet. I also haven't seen the magazine yet either. I think it hit the newsstands on the 15th.

[/url]
devashish paul

Jul 16, 2005, 3:11 PM

Post #6 of 12 (415 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Top USA Tri Shops: Tom D.s on the top! [Tom Demerly] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
Tom, congrats...great job. What likely makes you the best is your constant willingness to learn and improve. You are always doing your market research and getting better with your offering. You also give out lots of free advice on gear and equipment, which is time consuming and has no "immediate payback", but in the long run, it puts you on the top.

Dev

[/url]
Tom Demerly

Jul 16, 2005, 4:04 PM

Post #7 of 12 (374 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Top USA Tri Shops: Tom D.s on the top! [devashish paul] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
Bare in mind here, the position of our store as first in the list does not mean are the best of the fifteen. I think it is just a lucky fluke that we were the first one shown on the list. It doesn't mean we are necessarily better than any of the others per se'

As a matter of fact, many of the other shops on the list are likely larger and better than we are. We are certainly one of the smallest, if not the smallest on the list, and there are an attendant set of limiting factors to that in and of itself.

That said, being recognized like this is really very cool. Very exciting. A little embarassing and probably very good for business. I appreciate.

Most importantly, these guys have made a pair of boots for us that will be very tough to keep filled. Huge responsibilty.

[/url]
devashish paul

Jul 16, 2005, 5:01 PM

Post #8 of 12 (308 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Top USA Tri Shops: Tom D.s on the top! [Tom Demerly] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
Tom, the point is that the businesses that stay on top of the market trends, offer exceptional customer service and are visionaries in the industry (with respect to what is coming next) are the ones that succeed, regardless of business/market segment and you seem to be doing just that.

Congrats...enjoy it the recognition !

[/url]
Eileen Steil

Jul 16, 2005, 5:03 PM

Post #9 of 12 (305 views)
Copy Shortcut
The only problem is, when you are #1, there is no place to go but down....

BS TOM---when you are at the top, you set the standards :-) you only go down if you WANT to go down. You wouldn't be where you are if you didn't hold true to your values, stick to your heart and your own high standards. Congratulations! No more sleep for you.

[/url]
Monk

Jul 17, 2005, 5:14 PM

Post #10 of 12 (163 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Top USA Tri Shops: Tom D.s on the top! [KJGrog] [In reply to] Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply
BTW--Just out of curiosity, who wrote this article?

Monk

[/url]
jern

Jul 17, 2005, 5:24 PM

Post #11 of 12 (142 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Top USA Tri Shops: Tom D.s on the top! [Monk] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
BTW--Just out of curiosity, who wrote this article?

I think his name was T. Demerly or someone like that :)

[/url][/url]
BamaIM

Jul 17, 2005, 5:30 PM

Post #12 of 12 (130 views)
Copy Shortcut

Tom D. & Bikesport fitted me 3 years ago and
I have never looked back or regretted it.

Fits like a glove. Now just have to get Tom D. to
figure out how to give me power like a Hemi.

I know its the engine and this winter a total
revamping for my 2006 attack plan at the races.

r

e

m

i

Demerly - - The other day my precious little dumpling Sarah the Bikesport Girl was on her way to a race with her buddy Mike. He opened the back of his truck and the dude had, like, a ton of stuff. He is a meticulous and well prepared athlete.

When we use Sarah as a model (the "Get Dressed" girl on the bikesport website) she is a professional model with an agency and the whole thing. She has us sign papers that specify the appropriate use of her images, the degree to which they can be modified, what they are to be used for, etc. I think Sarah is just like, "Cool, $100 an hour- people can say what they want as long as I get paid." She does it for a living.

Last edited by: Monk: Oct 2, 05 6:15
Quote Reply
Post deleted by remi [ In reply to ]