Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cold toes are a thing of the past.
Quote | Reply
It was 20f with a 30mph wind today. Did I care? No, and why?, well I've tried Hotronic electric foot warmers for the first time. If you live in a cold climate and can't keep your feet warm these are the ticket. I also tried a plastic insulated bottle and the Coffee thermos from Barbieri. Both kept my drink from freezing but the Barbiere deal kept my drink very warm until the end. I never trained with coffee before and did a 50% coffee, 50% milk (carmel added) and two scoops of Gensan Dextrogen. Three and a half hours later I only needed to improve my face mask. Now that I can hydrate I will continue to over dress and sweat. I'm so overdressed that even when my clothes are drenched I stay warm. Actually an ASSOS gator jacket and a Craft wicking turtle neck is all I need. The jacket is really too warm for anything over 30 and I wear mittens. Castelli wind proof tights and my electro toes top it off. I did use two botties on top as I figure warm soles still could leave the top of the toes vulnerable. If you like the Hotronics and hate the price, check out their on line retailers as the ones I got were on clearancee. I weighed the cost against getting new winter shoes that would get cold anyway. I guess these and some winter shoes would be the real ticket. We'll give them the big test as Sunday should not go much above 10f.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold toes are a thing of the past. [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marko16,

Had you tried the chemical toe warmers before the Hotronics? I thought the toe warmers were great and did the trick for me. Before I tried them I was worried that they might get too warm, but that wasn't the case.

Just trying to get a comparison. Not opposed to moving up.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold toes are a thing of the past. [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or you could move to AZ. 39F when i started, 4:40 later when i finished 65F.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Cold toes are a thing of the past. [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm. It's 10am and -6*F here right now. I wonder how good those warmers really are.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold toes are a thing of the past. [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
or you could move to AZ. 39F when i started, 4:40 later when i finished 65F.
Or better yet, California. 45 at 7am with a high of 75 today (and it won't be 110 degrees in summer).
Quote Reply