Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I AM somebody [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did Steve Martin, as Navin Johnson, say when he finally had his name listed in the phone book: "I AM somebody!!"

That's how I feel having Mr. Tibbs reply to ME. I won't sleep tonight. It's like having the Pope bless you, or Paris Hilton choose you to be in her next adult video.

I AM somebody.

By the way, the radio guy is Phil Hendrie. Take a look at his web site. Even looking at some of the topics he has done is funny.

With love,

JKK
Quote Reply
Re: PETITION: Tom Demerly's knowledge-promoting posts should remain here. [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a problem with his posts here.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: PETITION: Tom Demerly's knowledge-promoting posts should remain here. [Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So long as you've decided that it's ok for the thread to die, then I suppose it's alright. Take time out of your busy day to put me in my place, if you must.

Now that you mention it, I remember Tom's post offering to match prices on a jacket, I don't remember the others (but that doesn't mean they don't exist). I think there's a difference between active promotion and simply responding to someone else's post with an offer (such as with the jacket). Hell, I think having someone offer to price-match is kinda nice. Saves me some trouble.

So what's all the fuss about? The guy has over 8,500 posts and you've got three examples where he's offered to sell stuff. Factually, you're correct. But who gives a shit about 3 out of 8525 posts?
Quote Reply
Re: PETITION: Tom Demerly's knowledge-promoting posts should remain here. [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom's guerilla marketing rocks. He gets to spruik his stuff (lightly) and we get to hear about cool new stuff. Nuff said.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: PETITION: Tom Demerly's knowledge-promoting posts should remain here. [Hinds57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote to keep all Tom's post's here.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never thought of Tom as a salesman on this forum. I have bought many things on his reccomendations and never looked back. And none of it bought from him. keepem coming Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have enjoyed reading Tom's opinion on both training and equipment. i think he's been very clear that he runs a shop and cateres to triathletes. his gear reviews / photos / cheerleading is a great addition to the forum. if i wanted to buy something i would think of him for sure. and if i didn't i wouldn't stress if he lists prices in the gear he shows here.

i vote for more Tom not less. i like gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I don't remember a single poster where Tom was trying to sell something............. In fact, I've thought about buying stuff from him on occasion"

In a single word - subliminal.

All the power to Tom. If I owned a tri shop I'd be posting here also. I waste a lot of time here and have never had a single chiropractic patient from it. Entirely different situations because I'll bet Tom gets a lot business from here..

I appreciate Tom's product knowledge and insightful posts but have never bought anything from Tom yet. Mainly because of distance and ebay. Also my personal conviction that I'm my best bike fitter, CH Aeros rock, second hand deals make sense and in fairness I was posting here about the benefits of compact cranks back when Tom was pooping on them, so my ego tells me to go with myself first, right or wrong. There's a lot of "Tom worship" on the the forum. I can understand it for bike stuff, mountain climbing, etc because Tom is amazing in these areas, but I'm amazed how many hang-ons will listen to advice about relationships, etc. Almost as bad as me asking for wine selection from Tom :)

Tom is a an amazing guy, but not God. Just a infallible as the rest of us. And he'll be the first to admit it.

I'm right about this aren't I Tom???

But please, keep on posting.
Quote Reply
Re: PETITION: Tom Demerly's knowledge-promoting posts should remain here. [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mojojojojojojojojo-If you ever have a question that youthink Tom might be able to help you with, ask dopey.

I think that will work for everyone. Yes?
Quote Reply
Re: PETITION: Tom Demerly's knowledge-promoting posts should remain here. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
mojojojojojojojojo-If you ever have a question that youthink Tom might be able to help you with, ask dopey.

I think that will work for everyone. Yes?
I'm sure there are others within the mutual admiration society that I can ask ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next