Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's a question for you: (I need opinions here) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It is a very direct inspiration from the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit's insignia- which envokes a sense of speed and strength to me.

My old unit! How can you go wrong with that?

Have you seen the USMC kit that is produced by the guys at CounterPart Coaching? I get lots of positive comments when I wear mine.

Re: Here's a question for you: (I need opinions here) [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where would I see that? is it on the web?

I think that insignia is the best military insignia ever. I am very tired of the stick figure swimmer/cyclist/runner thing and we wanted to go to something more symbolic.

The trident represented water to us- the weapon of Neptune.

The sword represents the bike- an instrument and implement of conquest and victory.

The lightening bolt represents elemental speed: The run- speed without mechnical incumberance or augmentation.

I thought- "That is a natural!" The best ideas are always stolen...... :)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Here's a question for you: (I need opinions here) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Where would I see that? is it on the web?

I just looked on their web site and it looks like they've stopped selling them. I'll see if I can get a photo online in the next couple of days.

Re: Here's a question for you: (I need opinions here) [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next