Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

nashville area trails
Quote | Reply
anybody know of any good trails to run on in the nashville area? i know all about percy warner. is there anything else?

thanks

brent
Quote Reply
Re: nashville area trails [brentl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're willing to go about 15 min west of percy warner on 70s / hwy 100, bowie nature park has a bunch of good trails. These are mountain bike and horse trails as well, however if there is any chance of trail damage (rain in the last week) they are closed to bikes. Usually they have maps at the info board.
Quote Reply
Re: nashville area trails [hammydad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. i checked the web site and it looks like the perimeter is only about 4 miles, so i'll have to do some loops. but i'll check it out.

brent
Quote Reply
Re: nashville area trails [brentl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Again, it's a bit of a trip to get there, but another option is down the Natchez Trace. I know there's a horse trail (which gets very little horse traffic in my experience) that starts at Garrison Creek and runs south down the Trace. You can do an out and back on it that gets you at least 6 miles. I'm guessing it's a lot longer than that, but I'm a slow, weak man, so I have never tried it.

In addition, in most places, though it's not officially a "trail" you can just run on the shoulder of the road, in grass, parallel to the Trace. There will be places where the footing is dicey, but you can hop onto the road for a few steps and then jump back onto the grass when it levels out.

If you will google Natchez Trace Parkway, you will get some results that have pdf version of the national park service maps that provide good directions to all recreation resources, such as the trails.

With the deluge the last few weeks, I would carry a few pairs of spare socks. Any trail around here is going to be squishy for awhile.

By the way, you new around here? Can you teach a rock to swim?
Quote Reply