Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what are you buying yourself for the holidays?
Quote | Reply
Ok, you know you're all doing it. Buying yourself a gift for the holidays. What is it this year? I'm buying myself a powertap. How about the rest of you?
Last edited by: mperlberg: Dec 13, 04 9:57
Quote Reply
Re: what are you buying yourself for the holidays? [mperlberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
already on the way Powercranks. I'll decide for myself if they are fact or fiction. Oh..and building up the Kestrel in my basement..finally. And maybe a pair of...ahhh fiscal irresponsibility
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Tempur-Pedic Deluxe Mattress!! :-) Ordered today!! Yippee!!!
Quote Reply
Re: what are you buying yourself for the holidays? [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopefully you'll enjoy the powercranks as much as i do. my motivation for the powertap is to help improve my cycling by training more efficiently, but also to test the claims powercranks makes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Shoes, maybe some S-Bends and rollerblades for hockey.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly, I'm really not buying myself anything fancy this year. Usually I do(a new bike in '02, a Computrainer in '03) but I can't think of anything I really need this year that isn't frivolous(yeah, I'm a Grinch, especially with more layoffs looming on the horizon.) I am buying some cool stuff for my wife. She's getting new furniture(already delivered) a Canon G6(I hope she isn't reading) and a few other goodies. I might buy myself some homebrew gear, but nothing expensive or fancy, maybe a kegging setup in January.

I suspect that Santa will be bringing me a Park PRS-15 workstand. That will more or less complete my workshop, making me a happy camper.

This time of year, most of my money goes into the house. Currently, I am starting to remodel the basement into a gym/bar. One side of the floor will be treadmills, trainer, spinning bike and weights, the other side will be a bar, complete with refrigerator and 2-4 taps featuring my homebrew. I expect the bar won't be done for a few months. It's no big rush, and it keeps me busy in the winter. It is amazing how much money you can spend on your house one gallon at a time. The board of Home Depot should be sending me Christmas cards.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought an early present--a PowerBook. Yesterday I bought speakers to go with it. A plane ticket to New Zealand for late February.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying to figure out how to swing a PowerTap!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman treadmill by keys fitness, already in my basement and being broken in:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultegra cranks, Ultegra brakes, and a whole lot of little things! Some new jerseys and shorts also.

----->Trent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A new paint job for my bike and a set of S-bend bars. They should be on their way as we speak. Woohoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Mandaric road bike. Custom Scandium frame, Easton EC90 SLX fork, Campy Centaur with FSA SL-K compact cranks, and Campy Scirocco wheels.

I must have been a good boy this year. :)
Quote Reply
Re: what are you buying yourself for the holidays? [mn_leaf_fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I already splurged and got a Kurt Kinetic trainer and some (lightly) used Zipp 404's (for Thanksgiving I guess? Yes, I'm very THANKFUL!!!), so now the only things I'm getting myself for the Holidays are some odds and ends:

D/A 9spd cog 12-23 for the Zipps - on sale, "only" $77 now .

105 12-27 9 sp cog (for Mt Washington Hillclimb, either next yr or in '06 - hey, for $20, why not get it now, to have, see? ; )

105 13-23 9 sp cog - for sh!ts and grins, $20. Might be nice on a flatter course

HG 11-24 7spd cog for dedicated trainer bike (old mtb) - need harder gearing, 13t small ring ain't cutting it.

Asked Santa for a cheapo DVD player for the basement/trainer, but I will buy one for myself if Santa somehow "forgets"...

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
already got one of them...new sony vaio laptop. Next on the list is a trainer....so far I am swinging toward the 1up. Merry Xmas to me!!!!

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: what are you buying yourself for the holidays? [triyoshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and all of the 'twitchers' were snug in their beds...with visions of P3Cs dancing in their heads...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My self-gift this decade is a new bike--53cm Lemond Sarthe. Now someone stateside just needs to order the Time RXS pedals so I can hook it up with those, too.
Quote Reply