Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

625x question
Quote | Reply
I am planning on getting the 625x soon- I see it as the best (and least expensive) all in one solution for HR, speed/distance, and bike functions to include power. I am planning to eventually get the power sensor for my two bikes (I am aware of the drawbacks). My road bike is a 700c wheel and my tri bike is a 650c. Is there an EASY way to toggle between the two bikes (i.e. bike 1, bike 2)? The manual seems to indicate that there is- but I just want to be certain. I don't want to have to re-enter data like wheel circ., chain weight, etc. when switching form bike to bike. Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: 625x question [amb18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
switching between bike 1 and bike 2 is easy and you don't have to re-enter the data. Its all kept. Its is an awesome unit, however, have heard that the power meter is not worth the money. Its unreliable

Enjoy
Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had mine for a couple of months now and it has sharpened a lot of my training up. What I mean is giving me x number of reference points to find my optimum load / pace / recovery. The menu system is very easy to use, unlike my xtrainer and switching between running / bike 1 / bike 2 is simple. I got the power with mine and have have found it to be reliable and a great reference point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does the speed and disatnce thingy for running on this work? I've heard it's not GPS based...is it accurate?
Quote Reply
Re: 625x question [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polar's response to why they didn't use GPS on the 625X, and also some info on how the foot pod works:

http://www.polar.fi/...ing_Computer_FAQ.pdf

There is a flash demo of how the footpod works... at:

http://www.polarusa.com/...s/consumer/s625x.asp click on "view demo" where it says "speed and distance" on the right, then click on "measure your speed and distance" to view the demo.
Quote Reply
Re: 625x question [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I don't find the footpod to be as accurate as claimed. Plus, it has to be recalibrated when you change your shoes, so if you rotate different shoes like I do, it's a pain. In looking at the thing, it looks to me like it only takes its accelleration measurements in one dimension. There's just a tube with something inside that slides back & forth. So I imagine it measures the impact as it hits either end of the tube. So, depending on what angle the pod resides on your foot, you'll get different readings. Just my guess though. I'd like to see more information on how these things work.
Quote Reply