Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT: Any HW boxing fans? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually it was a little tongue in cheek,(there was an espn column some time ago that blamed women among other causes, for the downfall of certain sports.

I do agree with Triple Threat, if Tyson just had one somebody who really cared for him, maybe he could get the help he so desparately needs.

I think Don King is the antichrist! I agree; his greed has been terrible for boxing.

Quote Reply
Re: OT: Any HW boxing fans? [Monsieur Trois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compared to Cheney? Please. One fought the system & the other abused it.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Any HW boxing fans? [tricheermom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Tyson issue is not how much love came in from the outside, but how much he had, on the inside, for himself. That is the core of the problem, and must have been there since his earliest memories. Cus must have seen it, but couldn't address it, or he hoped the problems would go away, or something. So Cus ended up turning out this hugely warped young man - brilliant in one thing, but crippled in so many other ways.

I don't feel sorry for Tyson - he had his shot. Lots of people come from crap backgrounds and pull themselves up. There are plenty of other people who deserve our sympathy before him.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Any HW boxing fans? [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw an interesting interview with Teddy Atlas who was an early trainer with Tyson. He claims that Tyson was a serial sexual abuser even in his teens but Cus protected him with slick lawyers to get him off the hook a few times. Atlas feels that Tyson is still a messed up adolescent mind with a volitile temper in that monster adult body. Very scarey and might explain some of his off the wall out of the ring behaviour.
Quote Reply

Prev Next