Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to encourage her without her hearing "I think you're getting fat!" [Fraussie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How dare he encourage her to be active and healthy??! Yeah you're right! What if your SO wanted to wear pjs all the time? Or eat cheeseburgers only?
But it's different here. He wants her active and healthy. What a dumb
idea ;)

That is quite a jump...from ex-competitive runner to less active due to school (which is what the OP said) to your wearing pjs and eating cheeseburgers.

Fail.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How to encourage her without her hearing "I think you're getting fat!" [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only fail here is you failing to read and understand what I meant.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by achilles [ In reply to ]
Re: How to encourage her without her hearing "I think you're getting fat!" [achilles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think you should post for advice on Let'sRun and see what happens just for fun, because you sound like a runner.

anyhow, let her be. she will come around when she is ready. all the prodding in the world is just going to piss her off, and frustrate you. you can't change her or make be something she does not want to be.
Quote Reply
Re: How to encourage her without her hearing "I think you're getting fat!" [achilles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, so maybe we are getting some insight into the different ways that men and women communicate. But even though a couple folks have suggested that men always mean what they say, they (some) actually don't. At least not always. Some famous, common examples have been featured in movies (he's just not that into you) and commercials, and cause us all to laugh and say "yeah - who hasn't heard that before?". I'm talking about stuff like "I'll call you tomorrow," "I had a great time," and the ever-popular "no that outfit does not make you look fat." So, at least *some* of the time, we women understand that *some* men will not say what they mean in order to escape from an uncomfortable situation. So I don't think it's a stretch for your honey to make assumptions that you're really talking about her weight if you're even bringing weight remotely into the conversation, nor do I think it's a stretch for us to go there. We have been trained to try to "decode" your words partly because some men, some of the time, don't really mean what they say. Sorry, but them's the truth as I see it. Please don't take any offense.

More popcorn?
Quote Reply
Re: How to encourage her without her hearing "I think you're getting fat!" [Bellytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True dat! But...here our OP is not addressing his GF, he is asking you all. So, it's not like he has to hide anything...

Anyway, I never realized that wanting your GF to be healthy and active was such a stupid idea. Just like I never thought that a woman asking her guy to not wear track pants, and the 15yo sweater of his alma matter the entire weekend, was asking too much, and was just being annoying ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next