Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Greg LeMond on OLN
Quote | Reply
Anyone see it? My thoughts:

- LeMond is pretty amazing.

- Hinault is a jerk.

- I wouldn't want to be a turkey getting shot with those pellets (or Greg getting shot with those pellets, for that matter)

- He's not a little guy anymore!
Quote Reply
Re: Greg LeMond on OLN [here&anon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the show? Title?

It'd be interesting to watch. Didn't know it was on.

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Greg LeMond on OLN [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was a show called Fearless, seems like it might be a regular thing on OLN with someone different each week or so. The show itself was alright. Wished they had of shown a bit more race footage. It was kind of funny trying to follow it, they would talk about one year at the tour and how things were going, but would show footage from a different year. Any cycling is better than no cycling on TV though so it was a good watch.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Greg LeMond on OLN [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i noticed the inconsistancies too. If anyone is interested and missed it, it'll probably be on again as that episode has aired a few times already.
Quote Reply
Re: Greg LeMond on OLN [JohnInRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They orignally aired that episode about a month ago. Interesting guy to say the least.

It will be on again December 26 at 7pm. http://www.olntv.com/showviewer.asp?sid=203

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: Greg LeMond on OLN [Styk33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the last half of that last night. I generally thought it was pretty good until the end when he said in 91 he could no longer keep up and the "peleton changed." He later said it was PEDs. He basically blamed the end of his career on PEDs. Everyone but him was doing them he seemed to insinuate. Same with todays riders. Yet he STILL has the fastest time trial ever.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Re: Greg LeMond on OLN [here&anon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LeMond is pretty amazing. I agree. A fine man, a good bike racer, a nice guy and a good buddy.

I do also like Beranard Hinault, although I have met him less than 5 times if my memory serves me correctly. When I intereacted with him, his English was poor, as was my French. But he is a demi-God of a man: Larger than life. A warrior. Brave beyond compare.

Hinault and LeMond are the last of the great Tour winner prior to the Era of "calculation" where riders began to specialize in the Tour and perfromance enhancing drugs had more to do with the outcome than training and panache.

Call me a retro grouch, but these men raced in the era before radios, in-car video monitors, GPS and injectible who-knows-what.

That was when the Tour was worth watching. Now it is just a sad parody of its former self. It has rapidly diminishing value.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Greg LeMond on OLN [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As you should know, cyclists were injecting who-knows-what way before Lemond and Hinault.
Quote Reply
Re: Greg LeMond on OLN [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow Tom - that's a bold statement about LeMond being from an era before specialization. I like Greg - I've met him a few times as well - and my new trainer-watching-DVD is the 1990 tour, but he was really the one to define specialization. Especially in 1990. Looking at his results from that year he did terribly before the Tour and then rode exactly as hard as he needed to in order to win it. The perfect calculator in my mind.

The badger however is a full on bike racer - he would race anything anytime anywhere. hard core. a definately from a different era...

Moving forward to Indurain - he won the Giro twice during his 5-tour victory run as well as winning a number of other races leading up to the Tour.

I think that Greg gets a hard time in the US cycling press / public but he has not had the best public relations planning in the past couple years...
Quote Reply