Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bicycle mounted hydration?
Quote | Reply
I went to college with a pro who, of course, had all of the best gear imaginable. One cool toy was this pressurized water pack mounted under his saddle. It had a tube running from the pack, under his top tube, and between his aero bars. all he needed to do was press a button and the water shot out like a water fountain.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these things? I have been training for 05, my first season of triathlons, since July and I wish I had one of these on every bike ride. If you know of anyone who makes something like this, please let me know. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle mounted hydration? [rundaverun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a 'Jetstream'. They made those in the early 90ies. It was a rubber bladder in a neoprene pouch and could contain about 1.5 Liters.

The drawbacks were: not easily refillable, not cleanable and sometimes the bladder would burst if you hit a pothole.

I had one of these on my bike back in the day.

AFAIK they haven't been around for a while. Haven't even seen one on ebay yet.

Wilfried Heinle

Artificial Intelligence can never beat natural stupidity.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle mounted hydration? [WHeinle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on where you are writing from. If you are in Canada, Norco is distributing a system like this, and any LBS will be able to order it for you. As for the U.S. or other parts, not sure, but I would be QBP has it south of our border. Good luck!

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply