Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri perks at work?
Quote | Reply
Earlier this morning a very nice woman came into my store to design two frames for her Greatful Dead concert posters. (I have an art gallery that offers custom framing) We talked for awhile and I learned that she works as a massage therapist. Anyway, I gave her a nice person discount and she said that the price was ok, but she has a basement full of 30 or more Dead posters that she would like to all have framed over a few months and the price (multiplied by 30) was too much for her. I gave her a further discount for the increased volume and she says, "Well, I don't mind paying for them, but how about taking it out in trade".

So I'm looking forward to massages this winter while I train as hard as I can to get back into racing shape!

Does anyone else work in a non bike ot tri related industry that somehow you can squeeze tri perks out of?
Last edited by: stl_triness: Dec 7, 04 15:56
Quote Reply
Re: tri perks at work? [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NICE.... we expect pics of this woman seeking a "trade" and a complete report on your activities.

make sure you get the happy ending too... that's crucial.
Quote Reply
Re: tri perks at work? [thisbetc621] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She could very easily be in the Hottie thread. Easily. Not sure about asking to take a pic before getting a massage. I'm thinking that's gotta be a breach of etiquette. And I am sure that they will be a shining example of professionalism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to work in acquisitions for a private golf club operator and REIT, I managed to trade a few rounds of golf for some lower back pyhiscal therapy.

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good for you. that's a very worthwhile barter. I just arranged to have my marketing person barter with my personal trainer...my marketing lady needs to loose some weight and get it together (her words not mine), and she, by hapenstance, bumped into my trainer. well, he mentioned it to me today and I told him what she did. they are going to exchange services...she will design his brochure and marketing materials, and he will train her. that's a damn good deal!

now if I could only find myself such a deal! perhaps on the knitting front...I could barter massage for luxurious hand knit clothing. that I would do! (or, maybe not...lol)

kittycat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Made my first trade last night..........gave a woman from my Masters team a massage and she gave me a new Zoot tri suit that she had bought a bit too small.

Worked out well for both of us, I'd say. Hoping for many more trades to come......

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: tri perks at work? [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you huys get stuff for what you do!

I seem to just give stuff away. I dont think I have ever asked for something in return for my services. Maybe I should.

nah, thats what day jobs are for.

LaWoof
Quote Reply
Re: tri perks at work? [LaWoof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, since I am planning to actually make a living at this once I'm licensed, I don't want my "parctice dummies" to get too used to the idea that I work for free. Right now I hope to massage for Starbucks and Trader Joe's gift cards as well as the occasional tri item or service.

Going to do a friend and his wife on Sat in exchange for dinner and a few frappucinos. :-)

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply