Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

training and stress
Quote | Reply
do you find that you worry about things more when you're not training???

i find training is a good way to occupy my time without having to resort to idle thoughts which cause stress etc.
Quote Reply
Re: training and stress [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"do you find that you worry about things more when you're not training???"

Without a doubt, last week my wife and kids were all sick and it cost me 4-5 days of training. I was a total mess. I was rethinking my goals for 2005 and constantly worrying about things that may never take place. This week I have been back to training hard, and I am much calmer, sleeping better, and more focused, even at work. For me training is clearly a healthy outlet for stress.

As long as I do not put to much pressure on myself trying to accomplish things that take a long time to accomplish.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No question. Training reduces my stress level substantially. It is a little bit schizophrenic really.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I go all funny whenI am not training.

But the flipside is that when you are training big/hard it can be not so pleasant for those who have to live with you. Especially on the weekends with long runs/rides - they can make you really touchy.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't agree more! My home life suffers (4 young kids) and my work life seems to suffer. I may work more b/c I'm not training, but I'm way less productive. I think I'm suffering from a delayed onset of Post-IM depression (did IMH). I just can't get out of bed to do anything, I lie there awake, but no desire. The strange thing is, I miss my morning masters swims as I lie there thinking I don't want to go swim. Maybe, its the Chicago weather, I hate the cold, I can't ride my bike outside and commuting sucks!
Quote Reply