Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

VDB and me.
Quote | Reply
Every sports fan needs an enemy. Someone who brings the bile up from our stomachs and a sneer across our face. Mine until this morning was Frank Vandenbroucke.

I have had issues with the spoiled one since 2000. He disappears for long lengths of time, whines about his needs, isolates himself from his teams, given second chance after second chance and just wastes his obvious talent. Just steams me to no end.

Got the new Procycling yesterday and was pissed to see yet another article about the bitchy one. I read everything else and finally settled down for the whine fest.

Half way through the interview I learn that he and I are a lot alike and in the end I am more VDB then he is Tibbs.

I have squandered my chances and have isolated more than my fair share of helping hands. We are both fighting crippling depression and we are both loved more than we know.

Two statements stood out to me

"I've changed. I'm working towards a structured life-that's what I want. It not something someone like me can just suddenly get, but I'm on the right track."

Procyling- What is life's greatest pleasure for you right now?

VDB- My children-they're the most beautiful thing in my life. I'd like to have at least one more. Yes, to have another would have to be my biggest wish.

I have more in common with him then I thought.

Hey Frank, I ain't gonna buy your t-shirt but good look and I hope you find what your looking for. Sorry about all the shit I said.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: Mr. Tibbs: Dec 7, 04 8:39
Quote Reply
Re: VDB and me. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never judge a man till you've ridden 100 miles in his saddle.

Well put Tibbs.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No country in the world where he is as popular as in Belgium. And I hate it. Almost every day you will find an article in the belgian newspapers about him. I am done with him. He certainly has the biggest talent of all pro-cyclers of this moment. And I do not exaggerate. If he would have been consistent, he would have won the vuelta and Giro already (and Tour next year if Lance doesn't show up). But he has ruïned his talent and career by acting so unstable. It is a pitty for our small country. We had Merckx, Van Looy, Van Steenbergen, Van Impe, De Vlaminck, Maertens and Musseeuw. He should have been in that list. But he failed.

Thank god our chocolates and beer do meet all standards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck a duck and try to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone explain what's going on in this thread
Quote Reply
Re: VDB and me. [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank Vandenbroucke is a straight up unstable bitch who is wasting an incridble talent. I used to hate his guts until I realized that I am an unstable bitch wasting my talents.

I just feel guilty and needed to make a public apology.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should add Jr. to that, his dad was a pretty decent cyclist is own right back in the day ;)

Wilfried Heinle

Artificial Intelligence can never beat natural stupidity.
Quote Reply
Re: VDB and me. [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Someone explain what's going on in this thread

It's about the drops baby, just the drops.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Last edited by: Chris Wiggins: Dec 7, 04 15:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Frank Vandenbroucke is a straight up unstable bitch who is wasting an incridble talent. I used to hate his guts until I realized that I am an unstable bitch wasting my talents.
Don't confuse being an unstable bitch who is wasting his talents with simply being an unstable bitch.
Quote Reply
Re: VDB and me. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monk, you are being bad again....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you're taking Gerard's bike, correct!! ;)

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: VDB and me. [Tribedebie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's talented and popular so he must fullfil his potential, otherwise he is a waste of a human, and the bane to his "people"

Please, have you (or any of us) lived up to your potential? Do you think the guy wants to be a jackass?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: VDB and me. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know I'm in your stable of bitches. ;-p

Quote Reply