Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Original QR Caliente compared to New QR Caliente
Quote | Reply
I own the original model ('02) of the QR Caliente and am very happy with it...bought it exclusively because it fit me best among the various rides in my price range....I've seen that the old Calinete frame is on another QR bike...

What is different about today's version of the Caliente? Is the frame difference, different geometry, etc.???

Not looking to switch, just curoious about how my $2K bike from 2 years ago is now a $2,500 bike....

"We will either find a way, or make one." -- Hannibal, General of the Carthaginian Army
Quote Reply
Re: Original QR Caliente compared to New QR Caliente [lacverde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Slowman's update on QR bike for 2005 on the ST home page - currently third feature from the top of the page...
Quote Reply
Re: Original QR Caliente compared to New QR Caliente [Christina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't care about the cost. I've been a QR man since '93, and that's the frame I'm gonna pick up for this upcoming season. It'll be my Xmas present to myself, and I'll piece it together individually from all of my favorite components. It's more expensive in the long run that way, but I like what I like :-)

QR's are the best, as far as I'm concerned.

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All DA drive train except crank and chain. Aero carbon stays instead of non aero, nicer Vision Tech cockpit, deeper dish wheels, and inflation to name a few. At 2% a year, inflation alone accounts for about $125 over 3 years. Buy it in October for 20% less than retail:) Didn't see a review of the '05 on the ST page, though the other bikes were there. Maybe I'm blind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few things changed.
Most noticible, the paint. Went from silver/blackish flowers, to orange/gold flames, to now a blue/white lava flame. I wouldn't say one was better than the other, QR has always been good at picking colors.
The seatstays. Yours are round. The newer versions have aero stays. If I had to guess, I'd bet your version is lighter and more comfy.
And the fork shanged this year. They are now using the same fork they use on the Blade, Saber, ect.... Personally, I don't care for the fork.
The reasone the price jumped had to do with the components that your bike doesn't have. Vision aerobars/basebar/brake levers, FSA wheels, Carbon cranks, ect..........
Quote Reply