Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon mentioned on ER last night
Quote | Reply
My wife likes the show, so I happend to be watching! Anyway - Carter, one of the main characters, (OK, so I also like the show) asked a new Doc out to dinner and she said "NO, I have other plans for tonight, but you can come along". She takes him to a gym and goes rock climbing - he asked her what she is training for and she says "a triathlon".

I started wondering two things - Is she training for the Chicago Triathlon since the show takes place in the Windy City and what good is rock climbing while training for a triathlon?

Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon mentioned on ER last night [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i saw it. her name is wendell (sp?) and she's the social worker for the hospital. when she mentioned it i thought i heard her wrong, because i couldn't figure out what rock climbing had to do with triathlon. seems like they just wanted to mention two 'cool'/'extreme'/'alternative' type sports.

either way i didn't mind it. mainly because i think that wendell character is beautiful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rock climb in an indoor gym every winter. I don't consider it directly as tri training but instead I put it in the same cross training context people seem to regard yoga. Increases flexibility and core strength, mental relaxation etc.... Also it is something to do indoor when it is awful out that isn't boring.
Last edited by: stl_triness: Dec 3, 04 10:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG! That is so COOL! Vindication at long last!

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lemme guess - she pronounced it "triath-a-lon"... maybe next they'll put us on Fear Factor -- Playboy Triathlon Fear Factor!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I also got a good laugh out of the "Too many carbs" comment when they were deciding where to eat. I guess she doesn't need that much energy for her workouts.

Tim Anderson
"It's the nature of the internets that you get some dweeb who knows nothing about (insert topic here) pontificates about (topic), believing that his/her opinion is worth the same as opinions from those who actually knows what's going on." --Echappist
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon mentioned on ER last night [Trippertim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes- She mentioned the "carbs" after Carter wanted to get a deep dish Pizza! I would have made her go for the Pizza - Chicago style deep dish is the BEST - Gino's East! Wish I could get it down here in Florida! Z
Quote Reply