Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike gearing for Penticton, Tom D
Quote | Reply
Tom, is there an online version of the gearing placard that you have hanging in the shop anywhere? I am wondering if I would be wise to swap out the FSA compact chainset from the Kestrel over to the Kuota or stay with my 54/39? Are there the two exchangable or are there bb issues?

How are riding conditions down Hines Drive now? Icy, snowy or just dry and cold?

Say HI to the 2 Mikes and Mario for me.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Bike gearing for Penticton, Tom D [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Julian,

We never put a version of the placard with the gearing recommendations for Ironman Canada up on the web. That is a good idea. The darn thing is so big I have no idea how we would scan it and I know we hav since lost the digital file.

Basically, I had a 39/23 low gear but could have used a 39/25 if it was windy on Richter Pass or Yellow Lake. The two years I did the race 39/23 got the job done.

I'll pass your greeting on to the Mikes and Mario, who celebrated his 50th birthday yesterday- in style, with his associates at the Mexican restaurant.

Conditions here are sunny, high 30's and quite pleasant.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike gearing for Penticton, Tom D [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom, I will stick will the set up as it is, if its good enough for Normann...

I'm sure a few plates of tortilla chips went don under the gaze of the Mexican Frankenstein (remember him?) last night, any wise guys turn up for Mario? ;-)

Sounds like you have the best of the weather, long may it last!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply