Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Shimano SPD/SL pedals. These things are awesome. The cleat doesn't last me too long since I WALK WAY TOO MUCH, but they work so well otherwise.

2) Native Polarized sunglasses - They are so clear AND have an amazing warranty which they stand behind. I sent mine back and now have a wonderful brand new pair (minus 20 bucks but WELL worth it)

3) Selle San Marco Azoto Tri gel - this seat worked wonders for me.

4) SIDI shoes - Man I love these things. I'm almost afraid to get any other kind. Other brands just don't fit me as well.

5) SLOWTITCH forums. I can't believe no one has said this one. I get SO MUCH STINKIN INFO FROM HERE. Not ot mention the fun conversation. Cheers to everyone here.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair of Defeet Kneekins on clearance. Cheaper then other knee warmer but superoir in design and fit.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which shop Khai? Address please? I feel a post Christmas spending spree coming on!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Campione Cycles
1778 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC
V6J 1V6
Canada

Order Line: 1-888-545-BIKE [888-545-2453] (Canada and US)
Phone: (604) 874-BIKE [874-2453]
Monday through Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm

http://www.campionecycles.com/site/home.html

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Khai, will I see you at the Fat Ass 50 on New Years?

Quote Reply
Re: Top 5 cycling "it definately works" products we use... [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid I won't be running that day. I've not actually run since that foot injury I got in September, and while it's healed, 50k would be suicide at this point in time. PowerGyoza is still up for the challenge, I think, as is Marco in BC.

Will you be bringing a bike?

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that, I will ask around at the start of fellow ST'ers, I understand that there are 60 signed up so far. Tell them to look out for a 5'8" bald white guy with an English accent, company with a local knowledge would be very good as my gf will be back do the road, she ain't fast but she doesn't dnf!

No bike this time although I will be contacting the velodrome at Burnaby for a schedule. I know there is the Friday morning Masters session but maybe we could meet up?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Marco has done the race several times before, so he should be able to give you a low-down on the course. (or I might be thinking of TonyG - best to search "fatass 50" here and check)

I'm definitely up for a little 'drome time! PG will be in as well, and we might be able to drag SimpleS out too, if his coach lets him. ;)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds excellent, I will be arriving Christmas DAy and leaving on the 7th so e mail me with a time and date and I WILL be there. Am also going 'boarding one day is Grouse Mountain good for a day's fun? I think Whistler will be a bit too far for me to get back in time for when the missus gets back!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like we have a 3-day window...

=======================================
Burnaby Velodrome Schedules

December 2004

SCHEDULE: TRACK CLOSED DECEMBER 24 to JANUARY 3 - Dec 1/04 The Harry Jerome Sport Centre will be CLOSED December 24 to January 3 during the holiday period. There will be no riding on Friday December 24th. The track will be back for the 2005 calendar year starting January 4th, 2004.
=======================================

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count me in for sure. I will make any of those days, we have us a Slowtwitch chaingang buzzing those boards. It's a good job SuperDave is East Coast or we would get badly burnt!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Chamois cream

2) Azoto saddle (Notice a trend yet?)

3) Gels in general

4) Sports drinks in general

5) Oakley M frames

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1- Slime tire liners. NEVER worry about a flat putting you on the pavement at high speed, and never worry about getting dropped because you had to stop and change a tire. Five flats in over 20,000 miles...

2- RotorCranks - just very cool

3- Shimano pedals - like Looks, but don't squeak and the rubber tips make them walkable

4- Selle San Marco Aspide (and Azoto) tri saddles. Change your angle from 82-73 just by sliding up on the rivet or back on the tail. Great for TTs or centuries

5- Slowtwitch - maybe that should be #1

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are lucky. I phoned around to a number of shops - no one had any. Some said they would order some and and call me back. Never heard from anyone! Called the Canadian distributor, they said to call a retailer!!

So I gave up and moved onto something else.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next