Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I have found the perfect single guy sport [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo

Ruth and I used to do Tri's together then 6 knee surgeries [hers] took that away from us. She went through two years of total depression, she had been doing tri's for over 10 years then Poof it was gone, then horses came along.

Competing on horses has brought back her competitive spark and given me back the happy driven woman I fell in love with. I picked up the sport to get back the mutal training time together that we used to spend riding our bikes on the bay area roads. Life is good again

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: I have found the perfect single guy sport [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I applaud your support of your wife's sport. Woman need as much support as you can give them to get out there and do something because it's way to easy to think that you're hurting the family if you're not home cooking or taking care of everyone. It's actually the other way around. I can't be a good wife and mother if I'm not happy myself. I found this out the hard way.

I'm going to generalize here, but why can't women give their tri-hubbies the same kind of support? It makes me sad when I see posts about how much nagging some guys get from their wives when they train so much or spend too much on this sport. I guess they just can't see the forest for the trees. I'm very fortunate in that I get complete support from my DH for my training and racing and it makes all the difference in the world. I am a much happier, more fulfilled and self-confident person since I've started training for tris. Wouldn't everyone want that for their husband or wife?

D.
Quote Reply
Re: I have found the perfect single guy sport [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because Dawn there are a lot of selfish people in the world (both make and female) and when they see someone getting the kind of pleasure and satisfaction they can't seem to find..they don't want anyone to have it (misery loves company)...while I try to show as much support as I can to my wife I long ago gave up on the possibility of anyone showing support for me and tris. After being in the sport nearly 20 yrs people have become so immune to them being 'special' to me anymore than I hardly, if ever, get anyone outside my tri circle coming out to my events. Not to pat my own back here but this past summer I was willing to miss out on a race (big fricken deal..another tri) and break the streak of races I had going...to make sure I was able to go to one of the threee horse shows she had planned this summer. I could hear it in her voice how important it was for me to be there when she made the jump from the beginner shows to this A show. Luckily I was able to head up to the race the next morning (in retrospect staying home probably got me more/better sleep) and still get in the race and keep the streak alive. Give a point up to karma on that one. I've often wondered why people can't be more supportive of others (not just family and friends) in whatever they choose to do that makes them happy. Happy people are productive people. Maybe some day when Tibbs finally gets Androgynotopia up and running it will all come to pass.
Quote Reply

Prev Next