Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Softride market share
Quote | Reply
Hello,

If "softies" were UCI legal do you think any cycling teams would be using them as their TT bikes and if so would they then earn a greater market share and be viewed as more mainstream?

I love my Softride and have seen my share of cyclists light up after 30 minutes on my bike. I had to chase down a member of the ASU cycling team to get my bike back and him back on his Cannondale. This was after months of enduring all the verbal crap he could throw my way.

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Softride market share [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If "softies" were UCI legal do you think any cycling teams would be using them as their TT bikes and if so would they then earn a greater market share and be viewed as more mainstream?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you would see more of them as TT bikes, maybe even for their day to day racing rigs. This would probably increase market share/sales.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My LBS is clearing out their Softride inventory. Check out my post in the classifieds section if you are interested in a new one at a rediculously cheap price.

Or just go to their web site at www.dragonsports.com and look at their bike closeout listing.

----->Trent
Quote Reply
Re: Softride market share [trent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great for those of us who love Softrides, but it's sad that they don't sell as well as some of the much pricier frames. Most people just can't get over the lack of a seat tube.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian,

The topic of sanctioned cycling events is an interesting topic around the halls and discussion rooms at Softride. Many teams in the past have ridden Softride bikes and have been very successful in doing so. Teams and riders such as the ones listed below have all had great success at one time:

7-Eleven

Nutra-fig

Granny's National Team TT

Bellevue Saturn, Kenny Williams Master TT champ

If sanctioned cycling events allowed Softride Bikes, top riders would choose to ride our product. The technology has been tested and is proven to be faster then rigid bicycle frames. At Softride we feel that at some point in time the cycling industry and its members will open the doors to progressive designs that allow for improved performance.

For now Softride chooses the triathlon market where no limitations to design can affect the success of our company. I am confident that others will follow as soon as other bicycle manufactures realize that from one year to the next their rigid bicycle frames will always be the same leaving the paint scheme is the only left to innovate.

Thank you,

Adam Greene

Softride Bike

www.softride.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: LarryCalifornia: Dec 3, 04 16:24
Re: Softride market share [trent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]My LBS is clearing out their Softride inventory. Check out my post in the classifieds section if you are interested in a new one at a rediculously cheap price.

Or just go to their web site at www.dragonsports.com and look at their bike closeout listing.

----->Trent[/reply]

Trent, they've taken great care of my softride too. Unfortunately, you got the website address wrong. They're at [url]http://www.dragonsports.net/[/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Softride market share [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I must confess that I have a Cannondale that is "carbon'd out" for riding with roadie groups. I need every advantage possible. I rode four different bikes, all the same day on the same course and the Cannondale won out. Solid as a rock bottom bracket. I couldn't get that frame to flex, although I am sure there was some.

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"If "softies" were UCI legal do you think any cycling teams would be using them as their TT bikes"

No brainer. They tested 82 seconds faster than a P3 over 40 kms in the wind tunnel. Only problem is that if the Softie was UCI legal then so would be the Lotus and all the other funny bikes so they would likely lose their competitive edge. If Cervelo started making non ICU legal frames then watch out.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride market share [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Out of curiousity, why do you assume that Cervelo would be the end all in non-traditional framed bikes? Is there someone in the brain trust there?

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"why do you assume that Cervelo "

Just the fact that they've got two very creative guys, both engineers, one with a background in aerodynamics and the other in materials. They've done more with a traditional double diamond frame than any body else so why expect less if they were allowed to work outside the box. The first bike they ever built (Baracchi) was a non traditional carbon funny bike frame frame so they're already ahead of the game. Plus they're a small "family owned" company and not bogged down by the traditional big company politics that tends to discourage innovation.

They're not the only game in town in creative bike design as Softride has already proved, but Cervelo is definately a major player.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and here I thought this thread was going to be about the person on the forum with the most Softrides in their stable. I have in my possession no less than three Softrides and this after selling another ealier this summer. While only two are currently mine...and one of them is going to be a present in a few weeks...the other belongs to a friend who I got addicted to the ride when I loaned him mine a while back. With the money I'm making off the sale of my backup I'm thinking I might just build up a Rocket over the winter. Even though I'm building up a Kestrel so I can hang with the roadies I will always be a loyal Softrider (and I'll convert as many as I can along the way). Lions share of the market share goes to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride market share [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I loved my Softride and I love my new Cannondale even more! Only joking, but I did love my Classic even though it weighed a ton and I do really really love my new Cannondale IM 5000 which weighs in at what feels like half of the softride. And the Cannondale is not harsh at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride market share [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

With all due respect, I think you need to climb back on a "softie" and ride for three of four hours. Then do that same ride on the C'dale. You will then possibly remember why they are called Softride. I put carbon everywhere I could on my C'dale in hopes that it really would dampen the road vibration.

One other thing... I really do think that the nature of the beam cause me to pedal more effeiciently. Mmainly because you get instant feedback if you are not.

Brian
Quote Reply