Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Job Opportunity - Director of Marketing and Corporate Partnerships
Quote | Reply
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS

Full Time Salaried Position

Sommer Sports, an industry leader in event management and sports marketing, is looking for a dynamic individual to serve as Director of Marketing and Corporate Partnerships for our numerous sports events. Applicants must have the vision and desire to grow with Sommer Sports.

COMPANY BACKGROUND: Sommer Sports, based in Central Florida, is entering its 22nd year in triathlon and event production. Sommer Sports owns and manages more than 20 events including the Great Floridian Triathlon, Central Florida Sprint Triathlon Series, and the national TriAmerica Triathlon Series. In addition, Sommer Sports performs ChampionChip race timing and event support for dozens of events across the country.

JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of Marketing and Corporate Partnerships will develop and execute our strategic marketing plan, establish and manage the marketing budget, and integrate corporate partnerships and promotions within the company’s properties. The position also encompasses sponsorship and advertising sales, servicing of sponsors and partners, and new business development.

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:

• Create, manage and execute strategic marketing campaigns that most effectively utilize available resources to maximize exposure for our events and increase overall participation and attendance
  • Proactively identify and pursue corporate partnership opportunities both nationally, and regionally
  • Identify and make sales calls on key marketing and sponsorship decision makers at targeted accounts
  • Service sponsors and corporate partners at events
  • Develop new revenue streams for properties
  • Develop regional and national media partnerships
  • Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic media, and direct mail
  • Research, analyze, and monitor demographic factors associated with our events and the participants.
  • Maintain and enhance our corporate and community partnerships

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

• College degree
  • Relevant marketing/business communications experience and a proven track record in developing, managing and executing successful partner marketing programs required.
  • Advanced PC skills including knowledge of MS Office
  • Detailed and deadline oriented team player with Excellent oral and written communication skills
  • Ability to establish and follow budgets
  • Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet multiple deadlines
  • Ability to utilize creativity in identifying new projects, trends, and processes
  • Ability to present advanced solutions based on collected, summarized, and analyzed data
  • Candidate must be flexible, independent, enthusiastic, and a high energy, self motivated worker with the ability to travel and work flexible hours including weekends.

Timeline: Resumes will be accepted through Monday, December 20.

Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to:

Fred Sommer

Sommer Sports
838 West Desoto Street
Clermont, FL 34711

fred@sommersports.com

www.sommersports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Job Opportunity - Director of Marketing and Corporate Partnerships [SommerSports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but Fred, I don't live in Florida and can't relocate at this time!

I do have a cat named Fred, though, does that count for something?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Job Opportunity - Director of Marketing and Corporate Partnerships [SommerSports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be in on Thursday and we will discuss vacation and office decor at lunch. I will need the Blackberry but I like the cell phone I have.

Thanks for the job and looking forward to a successful future.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this sounds like an exciting position. i think you'll find your person quickly. if you run into a jam and don't feel comfortable with your candidate pool, let me know--I could help with little to no strings attached.

kitty

http://www.3pconsults.com
Quote Reply
Re: Job Opportunity - Director of Marketing and Corporate Partnerships [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can vouch for Tibbsy. The dynamics in your office environment would immediately take on a whole new intensity ;-)

K
Quote Reply