Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any college triathletes?
Quote | Reply
Are there any college triathletes on this board? Just curious who is planning on racing in Lake Havasu, AZ in April for Collegiate Nationals? Just wondering if anyone had info on the race yet and what schools were going.

------------------------------------------------------------
Matt
NSDQ!
Quote Reply
Re: Any college triathletes? [citadeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I'm not a college athlete, but I have a question for you. Are the college tri teams school sponsord teams or are the clubs?
Quote Reply
Re: Any college triathletes? [grumpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are school club sports.

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as i know, my team's going. dont know whether i'll be there or not as next year is going to be my attempt at ultra running, so probably wont have time to do tri's. I'm on the Va Tech team. Dont know you personally, but i'm betting we have some mutual friends. i went to high school in columbia, sc and know a few guys who went to/graduated from the citadel.
Quote Reply
Re: Any college triathletes? [dirtrunr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya college teams are club sports, most of the teams pay for a lot of their own stuff or have sponsors, we get a small amount from the school from the club sports budget.

Matt
NSDQ!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
U of F Tri gators here.

Iwould like to go to AZ but Im goals get in the way for 2005.

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saint Olaf College. There is no way that I can be in shape to race by April; the roads in Minnesota don't even melt off until at least mid-March. I'll be racing the Collegiate Division at IM Wisconson though.
Quote Reply
Re: Any college triathletes? [grumpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My school has a cycling team, but not a triathlon team. The cycling team is a club sport. It gets money from the school as well as corporate sponsors. This money pretty well takes care of our expenses, including travel, lodging, and entry fees, both at races and camps.

I think U of Colorado at Boulder has a varsity team that they scholarship, but they only do short course races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in college here but i wont be going as my school has no team. Im the only triatlhete in these parts lol. Hopefully ill be goin age group nationals if i qualify however

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Any college triathletes? [DanTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you? (for some reason Wisconsin rings a bell). Where are Nationals? (the last I checked USAT hadn't announced them yet).

Can you tell from all my posts today that I'm trying to avoid editing a paper?
Last edited by: caleb: Nov 28, 04 23:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think nationals are in Havasu again are they?? I don't think we're sending a team from Hawaii this year as half of our guys have turned pro and collegiate nats was a fun race but there are a lot of much better races out there from what I've seen. Most of the guys from here are going to Wildflower and racing pro long course, some of us may show up for shortcourse.
Quote Reply
Re: Any college triathletes? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what USAT has told me it is in Havasu again, April 16th. They have it up on www.tucsonracing.com but no information yet, just a date. Our team (The Citadel...Charleston, SC) is planning on taking 8 guys hopefully (no female team). We have done pretty well this year winning the Southeastern regional college championship. Expensive for us all to fly out there with bikes though.

Matt
NSDQ!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USAT Collegiate Nationals are scheduled for Apr 16 in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. We are in the middle of revamping our website, I hope to get information up in the next few weeks. If you would like to email me, I would be happy to send the information that will be posted on the website. For those who are worried about the exteme and unjustified amount that airlines charge for bike transportation, we have an arrangement with America West Airlines where bikes will fly free to all Tucson Racing events.
Quote Reply
Re: Any college triathletes? [jhgrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cal will be there. I don't think the post above about CU having a varsity team is correct, its a club sport just like the rest.

M
Quote Reply
Re: Any college triathletes? [jhgrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you please email the information to me? My email is kaplanm1@citadel.edu Also do we have to book our flights through USAT or can we just book direct through the airline?

Matt
NSDQ!
Quote Reply