Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I want to donate my unused bike. help!
Quote | Reply
I have a cheap walmart mountain bike- I used it maybe three times. It's purple and in excellent stored in the garage condition.

Does anyone in the LA area know of an organization that will get it to a kid that needs it? The closer to the magic mtn area the better for me, but I'll do my best to drive it where its needed.

I don't want it to go to an organization that will sell it. If you know of a neighbor or co-worker that can't afford a bike for Christmas and doesn't mind one without tags. Its yours. (It might need new tubes)
Quote Reply
Re: I want to donate my unused bike. help! [alwysabridsmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Near LA? Hell leave it outside and someone will take it...cant say they deserve it, but someone will take it. ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how about contacting your local church or temple?

plus then it is a tax write off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take it to a local college or university. Stick in the bike racks with all the other student bikes and leave a "please take me home" note on it. Some needy student will then have a ride to get him/her back and forth to school and hopefully do the same with it after graduation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that Cherie Gruenfeld would want it. She runs Exceeding Expectations, a group that helps underprivdledged kids from Riverside get into triathlon as a healthy lifestyle. I can hook you guys up if you are interested.

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: I want to donate my unused bike. help! [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! that'd be great.
Quote Reply