Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frame to build a TT bike
Quote | Reply
What frame would you buy, if you want to build a CHEAP TT bike?

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: Frame to build a TT bike [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.leaderbikeusa.com/...ts/frames/frames.htm

http://stores.ebay.com/...otimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

LD 735TT 735TT is Leader’s long anticipated entry into the tri time trial segment. Unlike other frames this is not a show TT frame. 735TT is for real. With it’s welded solid aluminum seat tube cutout, aero wing seat, and chain stays. You get an extremely stable solid tight ride. If you have been waiting to take the lead now is the time! Example Size: 53cm c-c Top Tube: 54cm c-c Head Angle: 73 Seat Angle : 78 Chainstay length: 390mm Weight: under 3.2lb Bottom Bracket: 68mm english Seatpost: 27.2mm Front Derailleur: braze On

Integrated Headtube:

1 1/8 " Cane Creek IS Wheel Size : 700c Heat Treated Double Butted U6 U.A.L. Aluminum

A -SEAT TUBE
(CTR/CTR)
MM
500 530 560 590 B -SEAT TUBE
(CTR/TST)
MM
540 570 600 630 C -TOP TUBE LENGTH (CTR-CTR) MM 490 525 540 560 575 D -HEAD TUBE LENGTH MM 100 90 120 150 180 E -SEAT TUBE ANGLE dg 78.0 78.0 78.0 78.0 78.0 F -HEAD TUBE ANGLE dg 73.0 73.0 73.0 73.0 73.0
Quote Reply
Re: Frame to build a TT bike [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know anyone who has actually used this frame?

"It's not how far you go, it's how go you far"
Quote Reply
Re: Frame to build a TT bike [ChiBri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got friends who have this frame, and I've borrowed one and used it. It's a fine frame. Well worth it, actually.

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think frame technology is massively over-hyped marketing bull after a certain point. If the frame fits, then ride it!

Sure, I like clean welds, light weight, etc., as much as the next guy. But the point of diminishing returns is way, way lower than the manufacturers would have you believe, of course.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame to build a TT bike [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey big, what do you figure your buddy spent building one of the frames up. And what components did they use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, and I know the owner of the company, they are down in Chula Vista.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame to build a TT bike [andklerk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey big, what do you figure your buddy spent building one of the frames up. And what components did they use

He spent about 800 bucks, total, including frame cost, with 105 components he bought on Ebay, plus handlebars from another old bike. He got the headset for 20 bucks, the calipers for 40 bucks, the levers for 20 bucks, bar-cons for 40 bucks etc.

It wasn't a lot at all. He could've got a decent gruppo from Chuck's Bikes, also. That's where he got his wheelset.

I compare it favorably to my old QR Kilo Private Reserve. It seemed like a nice bike with a nice frame.

T.
Quote Reply