Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimmers hair
Quote | Reply
ok.. i'm in the water 10-15 hours a week.. and my hair is dying.. what is the best way to make it not stink of chlorine?
I currently put conditioner in it before i swim.. i can't use caps, cause they pop right off.. and i wash with ultraswim and then conditioner again, and sometimes put a leave in conditioner in after, but my hair is steadly dying.
I know there are some swimmers on this forum.. what do you do?
Oh.. cutting it off is not an option.. its nice and curly.. and girls love it ;)
-dave
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers hair [David Clinkard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you do all the things I would do except for the swim cap...Gotta get that puppy on! I wet my hair and then put conditioner in it, then a swim cap... BTW---curly hair by nature is dry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 words: Slim Shady!

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers hair [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's what has worked for my hair: After you swim, condition with conditioner for dry/damaged hair and then apply some oil (specifically designed for hair) to your roots. I have a bottle of oil that I picked up at Ulta 3- I think it is called "Kera Care" or something like that. It's a really small bottle and you just use a small bit each time. It smells really good and my hair dries nice and soft.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Loreal swim/chlorine shampoo for kids. I think it works a lot better than ultra swim, costs less and smells like a creamsicle.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try KMS Daily Fixx Clarifying treatment. It's a little more expensive and you have to get it at a beauty supply but it works. It's made for hard water, chlorine and product build up. Once I started training for IM in March and knew I'd be spending alot of time in the pool I picked some up, and I'm glad I did. You may be able to get it online for cheaper, check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vaseline before and after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers hair [Androgynotopia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude chicks did swimmers hair except when it's green. Forget everything you know. Swim, wash w/ a shampoo designed to remove chemicals, condition and pick up chicks.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers hair [Androgynotopia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome baby!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers hair [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul Mitchell "Shampoo Three", then use "Awapoooweee" conditioner, I am blonde, not green and smell like a million dollars.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is one of two articles that Dan has published on this site written by me. Search for "Heath Maintenance for the triathlete" and you should find my article. It is pretty exhausting on the subject.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have hair? Who has hair? Certainly not Mr. Tibbs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shaved my head. Problem solved. As an added bonus, time spent on hair care is greatly reduced and the girls love it!

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply