Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campagnolo wheels?
Quote | Reply
I bought an Aegis Trident from the Bicycle Sports fire sale a couple of weeks ago, and now I've got to build this thing up. I'm thinking about building it up with Campy Chorus, and I'd really like to put some Campy wheels on it. I'm not really interested in forking out a ton of money for wheels; I have a set of race wheels and besides, after I get through putting Chorus on the frame, I won't have much left for wheels. I've been looking at a set of Campy Scirocco wheels. They look pretty decent -- semi aero, good price; they look like a good deal. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these wheels or if there is something else I need to be looking at. The Sciroccos go for around $330. Any suggestions?

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo wheels? [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a set of Sciroccos on my road bike. Haven't had any problems with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can buy a conversion cassette so that you can run your Shimano wheels on a Campy drive train (if you want to use wheels you already have). American Classic makes one (amclassic.com).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Campy Eurus on my Merlin Agilis and love them. Nice looking wheels and have not seen many sets on the road. Paid around $600 for them

fal7 in Houston
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently spec'd my new Litespeed Siena with Campy Chorus and Campy Eurus wheels. I absolutely love both. I'm a convert from Shimano and couldn't be happier. The wheels ride great, but I haven't put in enough miles yet to speak to their reliability/durability.

But they look absolutely awesome - and really what's could be more important?? :-)

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo wheels? [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to buy the American Classic cassette for my Renn disc so I can use it with the Campy stuff, but I'll be buying new everyday/training wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo wheels? [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This whole thread brings a tear to my eye...welcome to the new way of the world my brothers, you have seen the lite (and the light)....>>>>sniff<<<< I am SO proud.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great call on the Scirrocos. Those wheels are nearly indestructable. My only preference may be the old Shamal/Vento wheels which had amazing aerodynamic numbers. However they were portly wheels and didn't ride so weel in the hills as the rim weight was nearly 600 grams.

Go with your instint here, for $350 you can go wrong.

Enjoy,
SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo wheels? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved my old 8-speed and heavy Campy Ventos. Took a bit to spin them up to speed ... but once you got there, these were fast fast wheels.

Anyway you look at it, Campy = Good. This from a guy with Dura Ace on a Merckx. Blasphemy, I know.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply