Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timex Trainer Software & Data Recorder
Quote | Reply
I purchased the Data Recorder about 3 months ago, tried it for a few weeks with unsatisfactory results, and rendered it useless soon thereafter - its been taking up space in the closet ever since. I didn't find the software to be as useful or easy to work with as others available (which also happen to be much cheaper, if not free!) Has anyone had a positive experience using the Recorder & software?
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Trainer Software & Data Recorder [Spastic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used mine with moderate sucess. I find it to break down the Heart rates in my running workouts and plot them nicely in my TrainingPeaks file.

Hope that helps. Make sure you also take very good care of the USB cable, and also, clean the data recorder after your runs.

Ciao!

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spastic,

That is why so many of us, especially those of us who are already Garmin ForeRunner 201 owners, are holding our breath waiting for the introduction of the ForeRunner 301 in the US. It is suspected that it will be sometime in the first of the year. This "gadget" is already available in Europe.

Since the 301 includes heart rate with distance, elevation, and speed, it is suspected/hoped that it will be a quantum improvement over the Timex unit in terms of reliability and consistent performance.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since it is worthless you can give it to me. Or I could buy it for a greatly reduced price.

el
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Trainer Software & Data Recorder [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds a bit strange... specially since it is my understanding that Garmin made the Timex S+D Bodylink system. You make it sound like they are two different products... at last look, they are basically the same technology designed by Garmin but with Timex adding the marketing aspect to the S+D/BodyLink system.

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Timex Trainer Software & Data Recorder [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe--Timex dumped Garmin as their manufacturer of the GPS unit in favor of Navman, which was supposed to be lighter and more reliable and a longer batter life. The GPS Unit looks a little different. I returned the Garmin unit twice, and they finally sent the Navman, which has worked better for me (I had a lot of dropped signals). They will still ship the Garmin unit, though unless you specify. Now they have a Navman II GPS Unit. Even smaller, lighter, one battery. I have no experience with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased mine when it first came out last year. I already owned thr timex s&d and hrm. The recorder only worked when it wanted to. I e-mailed customer support at timex. They had a newer model which just came out in October and they sent me one free of charge. This one works as it should. Ultra coack and pc coach software offers more and workd well with the recorder.

Good Health,

Gerard

pushaw2@juno.com
Quote Reply