Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pay Pal Verification?
Quote | Reply
Know many of you use Pay Pal. Have reached my "limit" with Pay Pal and now must be verified to keep on using it.

Have read the PP faqs and maybe am I missing it but they want my banking information for me to keep on using my credit card. This doesn't make sense to me OR is the idea to draft out of my checking account to pay for EBay transactions? If that is the case it makes me a little nervous.
Sorta of like Dan's article on customer service I have sent emails to PP and no response and I cannot find a customer service number to ask the questions above.

Many Thanks,

fal7 confused in Housotn
Quote Reply
Re: Pay Pal Verification? [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paypal customer service sucks. I had this problem before, but somehow, I ended up being "verified" with my credit card, I never sent them bank info and see no point in having to disclose that kind of personal info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They want to setup your default charge to hit against your bank account rather than your credit card. They save money that way.

I gave them the information years ago to get verified. No biggie, but I do have to switch payment methods every time I use them in order to use the credit card.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know much about ebay but there was just something on the news the other day about e-mail scams where people get a bogus e-mail from e-bay asking for personal information and then it's used to steal your identity. Be careful with who you send info too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PayPal is a bank....

Of course they are going to need your SSN and other routing information. They lose money if you cash out manually and defeats the purposed of their business model.

I'll be the 1st to admit it's a bit weird at 1st...but in over 1,000 transactions, I've never had a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are getting the verification request via email do not use the link they have provided. If you think it's a valid request then go directly to the paypal site and access your account that way to make changes. There is a scam that tries to get bank info using paypal's logo on an email. Be safe.

-----------------------------------------------
maylene jackson, cscs
http://www.kidsintraining.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Part of the idea is to allow you to pay using your bank account. It's also a way for PayPal to verify that your card has not been stolen. It's quite easy for someone to steal a CC number, but the chances that they'll have your bank account information is very low. Furthermore, the verification process entails PayPal making two deposits in arbitrary amounts to your bank account and you then have to report back the amount of those deposits to complete the verification process (and thereby ensure with some level of certainty that you are who you say you are).

I wouldn't worry about it.
Last edited by: jhendric: Nov 26, 04 7:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found their telephone customer service information in three clicks (the link is just below the one you clicked on to send them an email). Here it is:

http://www.paypal.com/...r?cmd=_contact-phone

Customer Service Center
PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you from 4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST every day.

Call us at: 402-935-2050
Last edited by: jhendric: Nov 26, 04 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: Pay Pal Verification? [maylene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is what the scam email looks like. I get about 10 of them a week. I've removed the link that was included but IT ISN'T TO A PAYPAL SITE!!! In the address of where the link goes there is the word 'hide' and that indicates that it's bs.

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your PayPal account may
have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security
of your account and of the PayPal network is our primary concern.
Therefore, as a prevention measure, we have temporarely limited access to
sensitive PayPal account features.
Please click on the link below to confirm your information:

the link was here

For more information about how to protect your account, please visit
PayPal's Security Center, accessible via the "Security Center" link located
at the bottom of each page of the PayPal website.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your
assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal
system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

The PayPal Fraud Management Team
Quote Reply
Re: Pay Pal Verification? [Dave G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NEVER. EVER, EVER

verify any account information with email.

Not PayPal nor EBAY, not Citibank,.....

The vast majority are scams, make that 99.999999999999999999999999 percent are scams - Period!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Pay Pal Verification? [KatyTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nor should you use bogus links that appear to be real in such received email
Quote Reply