Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's with all the good french triathletes lately?
Quote | Reply
They seem to have surfaced up since the Olympics.

ITU Cancun World Cup - Cedric Fleureton

ITU Rio World Cup - Cedric Deanaz

(Both of these broke away on the bikes)

Then there is Fredric Belaubre who got 5th in Athens.

Where did this guys come from?
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're taking advantage of the fact thet we're busy worrying about Iraq.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah I don't think so.. the male Americans haven't been dominate in the ITU in recent years (were they ever?)
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or that 60% of their population isn't overweight or obese.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sent Francois to Texas to stir things up on Slowtwitch, and now US triathletes spend more time verbally sparring here than training while the French guys crank out 30 hours per week and bang off 68 second 400's at the track :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freestyle,

You haven't been paying enough attention to french athletes. Especially Belaubre, I'm hearing stuff about him since he was 16.

Anyway, knowing a bit about the french system, I just can't see why don't have MORE top athletes.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whenj he was 16 I was only 7 =P

According to his site he's a 16:35 1500m swimmer.. I'm wondering why he isn't the first to exit the swim in every race he enters..
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Or that 60% of their population isn't overweight or obese. "

They're not obese because they all smoke!

BTW, is it "only" 60%?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Whenj he was 16 I was only 7 =P

According to his site he's a 16:35 1500m swimmer.. I'm wondering why he isn't the first to exit the swim in every race he enters..
Because Waldo was born and doesn't let anyone exit the water first when he races.

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [Felipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but Waldo doesn't race a lot of draft-legal races.. I guess it doesn't really matter though because there will always be a large pack on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The secret to French racing success if to waive a white flag at the finish line. You can be damn sure that a frenchman will be the first to get there to surrender.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [Lastplace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The French have an awesome race series based on clubs that promotes (instead of blasting) draft legal racing. They race tons and they race fast. This helps them develop their skills, while allowing up and coming athletes to earn some money and get some sponsors.

Adam
http://cdamaampbell.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The father of one of my patients (who is French and a former triathlete) mentioned to me recently that, due to the high unemployment rate there, lots of young frenchmen are getting involved in 'extreme sports.'

I don't have any independent confirmation of that.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the good french triathletes lately? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Freestyle,

You haven't been paying enough attention to french athletes. Especially Belaubre, I'm hearing stuff about him since he was 16.

Anyway, knowing a bit about the french system, I just can't see why don't have MORE top athletes.

France has a state-sponsored triathlon training "system"?
Quote Reply