Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thanksgiving Day Eating Contest
Quote | Reply
Well, that virtual du/triathlon is a nice contest, but there is now five inches and counting of snow on the ground, I haven't swam since September, I do not own a bke trainer, and I'm seriously considering not showing up for the local "turkey trot" tomorrow. (Predicted temps of 20 degrees or colder scare my little buddy boy into hiding.)
So, I'll have my own contest.
You guys can ride, run, and sweat all ya like, but I've got other talents.
My current weight (haven't eaten since noon) is 136 pounds.
I'm predicting a nice, not-so-round number of 141 by this time tomorrow.

Can you beat that kind of gain? Percentage or mass, Im not particular.
go ahead, give it a shot (or a shove.)

Winner gets to buy a new pair of pants.
Last edited by: Ze Gopha: Nov 24, 04 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Day Eating Contest [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I will be going to a turkey trot tomorrow, but I weigh a lot more than you to start, so I'll tell you what: I will weigh myself in the morning, then eat as much as I can all day long, then, as evening comes upon me, I will begin to drink like the lush that I know I can be, and by day's end, I will have put on 10 pounds. That will also give me something to work off this weekend.

Turkey is fine, my friend, but at the end of the day, it's all about the alcohol. ;p

Happy Thanksgiving.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once had a 'pancake eat-off' with a friend to settle a bet. I think I dusted off 19 normal size pancakes (within 2 hours). After that I felt sick for two days.

The average American puts on 7 lbs between Turkey day and New Years.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Day Eating Contest [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The *average* does? So what does someone say 2 or 3 std deviations from the mean put on????

And if you factor in all those who'll put on zero (like me) that means that of those who do gain weight, they gain more than 7 lbs on average. Yikes!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be racing, and consuming turkey flavored Cytomax.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why talk weight gain? Heck I can gain a good 4 pounds of water weight overnight given the right time of month, a pint of Coldstone Creamery ice cream and some good salty chips.

Why not talk mass quantities? I'll pit my 18-year-old football son against anyone anytime. Last year he ate Thanksgiving dinner midday at a friend's house, ate a repeat dinner at our house a couple of hours later, then went down the street to another friend's house for a third dinner, plus dessert. We can't wait to see what happens this year as they're still alive in the state playoffs and practicing 2-3 hours a day and will have practice Thanksgiving morning.

I'll write a follow up.

Quote | Reply
Quote:
turkey flavored Cytomax
ew.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Day Eating Contest [Football Mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mmmmmm, Stone Cold Creamery.

Does it make us bad people that when my wife and I were in Kauai we ate there every day? The Praline Sundae thingie is so good!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me call KLEP, the current slowtwitch record holder for the lightweight donut eating category ;-)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Day Eating Contest [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uhm... I will talk to my current sponsors to see if it's good for my imagem to show up at that eating contest :-))

(kiddin')

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Last edited by: Klep: Nov 25, 04 2:58
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Day Eating Contest [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I´m sure that the big trash eater Hipo wont mind that you enter in such a contest ;-)

HEHEHHEHEHE

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Thanksgiving Day Eating Contest [Football Mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sound good. I'm upping my prediction to 143. I'l try for 8 pounds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a local radio contest was for the person who could gain the most weight in a week. The winners (they tied) gained 39 lbs in one week. They qualified for a draw for two cars and 10k cash. Neither won.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
I'm a big, fat(but obviously not that fat), stupid poser! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, I admit it, I talk a good game, but when the rubber hits the road, I can't deliver. Due to years of underindulgence, I just can't gorge with the big boys anymore.

I only gained a measly 2 pounds yesterday. TWO! Oh, the shame! I ate cookies. I ate potato chips. I ate those little garnish pickles and onions. I ate the drumstick from a 20 pound turkey, then I ate some white meat, stuffing, cranberry sauce, onions, squash, and gravy. For good measure I even gnawed on some grizzle for a while.

I ate apple pie, pecan pie, more cookies, and a delectable trifle that my brother made from pure butterfat and sugar. Then I ate more cookies. And more potato chips.

I drank wine, oh, how I drank wine. And beer. Not to mention the annual shot of Galliano to toast those who have gone before.

I spent the entire day from 4:30 PM on feeling grossly uncomfortable, and when LeeAnn got voted off Survivor, I was so happy I almost threw up in my mouth.

Yet I only gained two pounds. To add to my personal shame, when I got up this morning, I actually weighed one pound LESS than when I weighed in yesterday, so it was all water weight from the Diet Coke I drank.

I tell, you, if I don't get my act together, there is no way that I will put on ten pounds in time for race season next year.

Quote Reply
Re: I'm a big, fat(but obviously not that fat), stupid poser! [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
172.5 at morning weigh in. 179 at evening weigh in. In between, 2 and 1/2 plates of turkey, stuffing, potatos, sweet potatos, gravy, green beans, 3 glasses of wine (dinner was at home, not on the road), and four slices of pie. But, should be back to 172 or 173 tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Follow up on Football Boys Thanksgiving.....Unfortunately I didn't get to witness the meals earlier in the day so can not give an accurate report.

Son woke up, had a "light" breatkfast at friend's house before football practice for 2 hours. Drove to another friend's house for full turkey spread at 2 p.m. I heard it was mass quantities. Fall into triptophaine coma for an hour. Second full dinner at our house at 7 p.m. complete with Tur-Duk-Hen, Stuffin' Muffins, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, salad, fruit, green beans and Marbled Pumpkin Chocolate Bundt cake. He even ingested some of the marzipan pumpkin decorations. Then to neighbor's house for apple pie with ice cream. Back up to our house to pack for trip to next game, fall back into triptophaine coma. He did step on the scale last night and had hit 180# for the first time ever.

All I can say is that with two teenaged boys, thank goodness for Costco.

Quote | Reply
Good contest! I gained 5 or 6 pounds, but can't eat like I used to...

Weighed 169 when I woke up yesterday. Coffee and toast, 75 minute run, weighed 168. Relaxed in the hot tub for 30 minutes and then ate and drank the rest of the day. Carved the turkey (so I ate quite a bit while carving :-), had a huge feast, 3-4 beers, massive plate of dessert, weighed 174 before bed last night. Amazed to see 170 first thing this morning--the human body is amazing.
Quote Reply