Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Save your session on Computrainer
Quote | Reply
Fellow CT'ers, I know it was posted sometime ago, but I can't find the thread, and so ask your indulgence.

Can you please tell me how I save my session so that I can re-start next time at the same place as I left off? I want to complete the Penticton course in piece meal.

Many thanks,

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Save your session on Computrainer [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Julian,

Eh gad mn, 2:37 AM here my friend.

Hmmm, how to do this....

"File"

"Save race as".....

Damn, I forgot. I need to be doing it in person. At this hour there is no one I can call to ask. Sorry. If the Computrainer was on I could walk right through it and let you know. I apologize...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Save your session on Computrainer [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, let me try again... I SWEAR this is it:

(from memory)

Hit enter.

Pull down "File" menu I believe.

Select "Save Race As"

You will need to create (type in) a file name. We use names like "Ten Mile Beginner 2" then add a date like this:

"Ten Mile Beginner 2 11_24_04"

and then select or click "Save".

I think that is it. Geez, i hope so.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JK

There is another way of coming at this - if you look in the 3D manual (page 29) you will see that there is a "start from" function.

You have the course already saved in the machine right? So if you just note the distance end point on your last ride you should then be able to use that as the 'start from' point for the next one. The manual is on the web in .pdf at the CT site if you don't have it to hand.

Hope that works for you - as with most things CT it probably is not as easy as it sounds!

Kembo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Tom, what in hells name are you doing in the shop at this time? I guess you are getting ready for your trip with Marcie, so I will wish you a Happy Birthday and thank you for your response.

If you are still there would you think a Bianchi Pista with a 51.5cm top tube would be the right size for me as a track bike? Just been told of one for a v good price.

Enjoy your trip in the warm air.

Quote Reply
Re: Save your session on Computrainer [Kembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Kembo, I haven't done the first session of this yet but I will try that for the subsequent session as well as TOm's tip, it's always good to have two ways to skin a cat!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries - in fact if you are interested and you send me a personal email I'll mail you (over the weekend) a couple of the English courses that I have put together using Memory Map. I have versions of Sherbourne 04, Vitruvian 04 and Windsor Oly.

There aren't many other CT users on this side of the Pond...
Quote Reply
Re: Save your session on Computrainer [Kembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, thanks Jon. That would be really good to be able to have those courses.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8:30 AM. and I'm back. There's an insight into a retailers life: got off at 2:30 AM, back in here at 8:30 AM.

Anyway- what is the seat tube length on that Bianchi- the total seat tube including seatpost clmap at the top of the seat tube from the center of the bottom bracket?

A 51.5 top tube might work for you or will be a triffle long. One thing about track bikes- often times a good bit higher bottom bracket that we are accustomed to on our road/tri bikes.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, the seat tube length centre to top is 49 cms. It currently has a 90mm stem on it which I had thought too short, however judging from your comment "or will be a triffle long." suggests I should stick with it.

Happy 43rd Birthday. When you off to Az with the Mermaid?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Julian,

How's your Kuota Kaliber? I've only been able to get out on the road for about an hour or so due to the weather getting more like winter than fall here lately. I'm fighting some drive train problems (noise) when I'm in my big chain ring and a low gear in the back. The guys at Bikesport has changed out my chain rings and my bottom bracket, this has helped, but still has a strange noise down by the front derailer/bottom bracket. Tom has mentioned that he has a few ideas of what might work so I'll leave it in his hands to take care of.

Jeff Morrow

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: Save your session on Computrainer [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeff, nice to hear from you.

Just like you I have been unable to get out on the Kuota much as it has really been wet or v cold and I don't want to get it all flithy or stone chipped!

Although, I cannot recall a noisy transmission. didn't you swap your group over from your Blade?

I can't think that you can be in better hands.

Good luck with your winter training.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Julian,

Sorry it took so long to get back with you but I had to work at the fire house on the holiday, I switch them from my Saber, which was a 650 bike over to the Kuota which is a 700. If the noise can be fixed I'm sure Tom and his crew will do it.

Jeff Morrow

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: Save your session on Computrainer [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, a Sabre not a Blade. Sorry Jeff. Hope everyone had a safe holiday there and you had a quiet shift without a shout.

Quote Reply